Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

COVID-19 - TP reduction requirement for re-qualification [currently to June year end]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 11, 2020, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: carrotjuice
BAEC notification
updated 25 March 2020

Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Executive Club Tier Flexibility Policy
We understand the substantial impact these unprecedented times are having on the lives of our Executive Club Members. We have taken steps to protect the Tier status and well-earned benefits of our Members.

We’ll be lowering Tier Point thresholds by 30% for all Members due for Tier upgrade or renewal in April, May and June. This results in lower Tier qualification thresholds as laid out below
  • Bronze: 210 Tier Points
  • Silver: 420 Tier Points
  • Gold: 1050 Tier Points
  • Gold Guest List (Renewal): 2100 Tier Points (not on BA.com, internal only)
    Gold Guest List (Upgrade): 3500 Tier Points (not on BA.com, internal only)

To ensure our Members still have the opportunity to use their Gold Upgrade Vouchers, Companion Vouchers and Travel Together Tickets earned via a British Airways credit card, we’re applying a six-month expiration extension to any current vouchers.

The situation is constantly changing, which is why we’re continuously reviewing our policy and will communicate any updates.

See here for details: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/executive-club/tiers-and-benefits?dr=&dt=British%20Airways%20%7C%20Book%20F lights,%20Holidays,%20City%20Breaks%20%26%20Check% 20In%20Online&scheme=&audience=travel&CUSTSEG=&GGL Member=&ban=c2b728e5fe0683865614c44450048aa6%7C%7C CAM%7C6%7CCTA1%7C1%7C%7C%7C%7CHOME%7C%7C%7C%7CL4%7 C%7C%7C%7Canonymous-inspiration%7C%7C%7C&KMtag=c&KMver=1.0&clickpage=H OME#flexibility

FAQs

Show all|Hide all
How do I benefit from the Tier Flexibility policy?If you are eligible for a Tier upgrade or renewal under this policy, there is no need to contact us. This will be processed automatically once your Tier Point collection year ends and you will receive an email from the Executive Club team to confirm this.

In the meantime, you will not see any changes to your account until the start of your new Tier Point collection year.

My Tier Point collection year ends in July 2020 or thereafter. Does the Tier Flexibility policy apply to me?The Tier Flexibility policy only applies to Members due for renewal in April, May and June 2020. We understand that the situation is constantly changing, which is why we are continuously reviewing our policies and will be in touch with any changes that are applicable to your membership in the future. There is no need to contact us.

Where can I see my Tier Point collection year end date?This can be viewed on the My Executive Club page or the mobile app. This is shown underneath your current Tier Point total, or at the bottom of the ‘My account’ page on the mobile app.

Do I need to reach the eligible flights required for my Tier to benefit from the 30% Tier Point threshold reduction?The eligible flight requirements have been waived for Members who qualify for the 30% Tier Point threshold reduction in order to renew or upgrade.

I redeemed a Companion Voucher, or Travel Together Ticket, earned via a British Airways credit card on a booking that was changed or cancelled. Does the six-month extension apply to me?If you’ve applied a voucher, or ticket to a booking for travel from 1 March 2020, should your flight(s) get cancelled or you defer your travel to a later date, we will apply a 6-month extension to your voucher. This will happen automatically and there is no need to contact us.

I redeemed a Gold Upgrade Voucher on a booking that was changed or cancelled. Does the six-month extension apply to me?If you’ve applied a voucher to a booking for travel from 1 March 2020, should your flight(s) get cancelled or you defer your travel to a later date, we will apply a six-month extension to your voucher. This will happen automatically and there is no need to contact us.

Is my voucher included in the six-month extension policy?This policy covers all vouchers earned using a British Airways credit card. This includes American Express Companion Vouchers, Chase Travel Together Tickets, RBC Companion Award Vouchers, Asba Companion Vouchers, RSB American Express Companion Vouchers and RSB World Mastercard Companion Vouchers.

This policy also includes Gold Upgrade Vouchers.

I am close to earning a Companion Voucher, or Travel Together Ticket, with a British Airways credit card. Does the 6-month extension apply to me?We want to maximise the opportunity for Members to use their well earned vouchers. If your Companion Voucher, or Travel Together Ticket, earned via a British Airways credit card is issued during March, April, May or June, we will be automatically applying a 6-month extension. This may take some time to reflect in your account, however there is no need to contact us.

This does not currently apply to Gold Upgrade Vouchers.
Print Wikipost

COVID-19 - TP reduction requirement for re-qualification [currently to June year end]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2020, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Marriott Gold
Appreciate this is not BA related, but for info, from AF:

As an immediate measure, we have put following actions in motion.

First, we have lowered the XP objective by 25% for our Silver, Gold and Platinum members to maintain their current level. At the moment, this only applies to members that have a qualification period ending in March, April or May 2020. Second, we will prevent all Miles from expiring between now and the end of 2020 for all members.

Since the situation is still evolving, we will continue to monitor it closely and take similar or further actions for the months beyond May 2020. We are committed to sharing details when available.
I suspect BA may take a simian approach - Thanks Hawk777 for the information on the BA position
Old Mar 17, 2020, 1:00 pm

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
Originally Posted by wilsnunn
I have no knowledge of the VS system but I was just assuming that it was the OP had 10 months of their collection year left and now has an additional 6 added on.
correct. I am 2 months in to my membership year. I just wanted to highlight the concept that some people will end up with a longer than 12 month period before their “year” ends
T8191 likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 1:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by ens100
Appreciate this is not BA related, but for info, from AF:

I suspect BA may take a simian approach - Thanks Hawk777 for the information on the BA position
This shows that AF have decreased their boundaries by 25%, that is more generous than BA who have reduced by:

Bronze: 26.67%
Silver: 13.33%
Gold: 14.67%

Of course, I have no idea how the AF system works so I am not one to comment about that.
Crampedin13A, ens100 and Nephoi like this.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 1:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Prior to this year we’ve always been blue, then became bronze. When I knew I was flying F to Miami this week, we bought return tickets in J to BGI. The two return trips would take us to the giddy heights of silver. My year ends in July and my replacement MIA flights are not until November, so unless BA are kind to us we may never make it!
Old Mar 17, 2020, 1:39 pm

Programs: LX SEN, BA Gfl/GGL, IC Dia, HH Dia, Hyatt LT GLOB
Originally Posted by Hawk777
Policy for ppl expired in feb and March who had flights cancelled

Blue with over 220pts get bronze
bronze over 520 get silver
silver over 1280 get gold

don't know about next month etc guessing going to be more lenient
Many thanks Hawk777, good to know and certainly appreciated! Any update included for GGL?
Old Mar 17, 2020, 2:22 pm

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, GFL
It'll be very tough on those GGLs on above about 2.5k and below 3k. If they slip, it's a steep climb back up to 5k.
Lefly likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 2:25 pm

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by AdBoy
It'll be very tough on those GGLs on above about 2.5k and below 3k. If they slip, it's a steep climb back up to 5k.
that could be my situation. Doubtful I would make it again.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 2:27 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
I have absolutely no inside information but I am almost certain they will remain GGL if they had canceled flights. Of course that's easy for me to say having already exceeded 5k this year.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 2:36 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
that’s me currently! July 8th year end 😅
Old Mar 17, 2020, 3:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Just a hypothetical idea, but what would happen if you status matched right now to Delta under their challenge. Wonder if they did a blanket extension whether challenge accounts would somehow get included by accident.

As for BA extending status, I'm starting to think they'll have no choice. I can't see them wanted to lose so many regular customers.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 4:53 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by TTmex
Just a hypothetical idea, but what would happen if you status matched right now to Delta under their challenge. Wonder if they did a blanket extension whether challenge accounts would somehow get included by accident.

As for BA extending status, I'm starting to think they'll have no choice. I can't see them wanted to lose so many regular customers.
I am beginning to think I am just a very simple soul. How do y'all cope with so many hypotheticals in life?
TTmex likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 4:55 pm

Programs: BA GfL, IHG Diamond, HH Diamond
Me too
Old Mar 17, 2020, 5:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by golfmad
I am beginning to think I am just a very simple soul. How do y'all cope with so many hypotheticals in life?
Day 4 at home without going out, guess I'm starting to have visions
golfmad, ttama and Nephoi like this.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 5:28 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold) , Accor (Gold) , IHG
Originally Posted by Hawk777
Policy for ppl expired in feb and March who had flights cancelled

Blue with over 220pts get bronze
bronze over 520 get silver
silver over 1280 get gold

don't know about next month etc guessing going to be more lenient
Thanks for the above HAWK...
But does that replace the talked about extensions or (possibly) in addition to?

And... How about a Blue getting 520 points? (Promotion through to Silver or still need 600)?
Old Mar 17, 2020, 6:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Delboy65
Thanks for the above HAWK...
But does that replace the talked about extensions or (possibly) in addition to?

And... How about a Blue getting 520 points? (Promotion through to Silver or still need 600)?
you can't be blue and on 520 pts as you would already have gone to bronze.

No extensions confirmed yet hopefully something will be put in place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.