Wiki Posts
Search

Go rounds at Inverness

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2020, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Go rounds at Inverness

Currently seeing the LHR BA flight to Inv and EasyJet having to go round and try approach from the other direction as well
Old Feb 28, 2020, 2:52 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
No idea but we’ve seen a fair number of go around (nee go rounds) in the last month for weather and particularly wind sheer.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 12:14 am

Programs: ba exec club
Not go arounds, just holding occurred overhead the airfield before approaches were made to runway 05.

Not sure what the conditions were? Could be fog, wind, another situation of the ground that required time.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 12:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ABJ92
Not go arounds, just holding occurred overhead the airfield before approaches were made to runway 05.

Not sure what the conditions were? Could be fog, wind, another situation of the ground that required time.
I had seen the movements on FR24, it looked as if they came down to about 700 feet and then went back up to 3000ft. The pattern looked as if they had a couple of approaches from the East and then they landed on their second circuit from the West.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 1:00 am

Programs: ba exec club
Originally Posted by PIKnic
I had seen the movements on FR24, it looked as if they came down to about 700 feet and then went back up to 3000ft. The pattern looked as if they had a couple of approaches from the East and then they landed on their second circuit from the West.
If it’s yesterday evenings’ flights you’re referring to both held at FL090 before descending in the hold and making approaches.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 1:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ABJ92
If it’s yesterday evenings’ flights you’re referring to both held at FL090 before descending in the hold and making approaches.
Yes it was the late evening flights on Friday. I was aware that FR24 might not be accurate so thank you for the information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.