Wiki Posts
Search

Headphones

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2020, 11:40 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Quark999
Depending on the device (both at the sending and the receiving end), there are several different audio codecs that can be used over Bluetooth, and while the standard SBC codec is universally recognized as being poor, I'd challenge anyone to tell the quality difference when AAC or APT-X are being used, especially in a plane environment, and especially considering that most people will be watching movies, listening to Spotify etc. that are already compressed one way or another.
So that's worth looking out for when choosing a Bluetooth adapter and headphone.
I use APT-X and I see there is now also APT-X HD
https://www.whathifi.com/advice/aptx...can-you-get-it
Possibly not available on Apple devices.
OP and others seem mainly to be concerned about noise cancellationd\dampening rather than audio quality though , so this may not be of great interest to them, but might be to others.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 3:50 pm

Programs: BA
Apologies for being a technophobe but how do you connect headphones to the aircraft via Bluetooth?
Old Feb 17, 2020, 4:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by sam78
Apologies for being a technophobe but how do you connect headphones to the aircraft via Bluetooth?
You can buy an adapter that will transmit, so you connect it to the ife and pair your headphones with it.

I have one of these - https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01B4W40VC/
Old Feb 17, 2020, 4:23 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ajdj
Agreed, they’ve really improved my in flight entertainment experience and also help me sleep
same here. I had bose for a long time and when they broke in the end I decided to switch to the sonys. Absolutely don’t regret it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.