Last edit by: Prospero
London Heathrow to Newquay
service starts 2 July 18 July 24 July 2020
Print Wikipost

BA Launch London Heathrow to Newquay

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2020, 4:44 am

Programs: BAEC
It seems that today most prices have settled down. Unfortunately not at a lower price though.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 6:28 am

This looks like a very good proposition but I've had trouble getting the LHR - NQY segment to book on Sunday evening service so it looks like I'll end up continuing to fly with Flybe to LGW which is just going to be a right pain in the rear end, Flybe's service has gone from atrocious to praying that we can just make it to the other end without an issue which we undoubtably always end up having, or perhaps I'm a miserable git?
Old Feb 14, 2020, 6:32 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by HeyUpDuck
This looks like a very good proposition but I've had trouble getting the LHR - NQY segment to book on Sunday evening service so it looks like I'll end up continuing to fly with Flybe to LGW which is just going to be a right pain in the rear end, Flybe's service has gone from atrocious to praying that we can just make it to the other end without an issue which we undoubtably always end up having, or perhaps I'm a miserable git?
Welcome to Flyertalk HeyUpDuck, and welcome to the BA forum, we have all sorts of gits here already so I am sure you will be fine here. I also had a few problems booking, BA's IT is well discussed here. But the workaround that worked for me was to enter the Multi-City option, next to Flights. Then it worked OK through to full ticketing.
HeyUpDuck likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by nick585
Surely this would make an ideal route for BACityFlyer from LCY?
This would be perfect for me, two seconds from my London flat! But unfortunately from what I've seen, most PAX on the Fri-Sun Flybe services are tourists, during the week it changes but Fri-Sun is tourist hell.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Welcome to Flyertalk HeyUpDuck, and welcome to the BA forum, we have all sorts of gits here already so I am sure you will be fine here. I also had a few problems booking, BA's IT is well discussed here. But the workaround that worked for me was to enter the Multi-City option, next to Flights. Then it worked OK through to full ticketing.
Thanks for the welcome and the advice, I'll check it out and see if I can book something as I'd rather BA than Flybe!
Old Feb 14, 2020, 7:04 am

I wonder when BA will launch ‘Holiday’ bookings for Newquay. At the moment it’s just flight only, no care hire or hotels.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 7:10 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by BAeuro
I wonder when BA will launch ‘Holiday’ bookings for Newquay. At the moment it’s just flight only, no care hire or hotels.
Since this is higher margin than Ł90 Basic fares, then I'm sure they're looking at it right now.

That flight combination I posted yesterday is now Ł121.37, up from Ł103.37 on Thursday and Ł85.37 on Wednesday evening. Maybe middle next week, after a few days of weak bookings, the computer will go through a bit of self doubt.
BAeuro likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Since this is higher margin than Ł90 Basic fares, then I'm sure they're looking at it right now.

That flight combination I posted yesterday is now Ł121.37, up from Ł103.37 on Thursday and Ł85.37 on Wednesday evening. Maybe middle next week, after a few days of weak bookings, the computer will go through a bit of self doubt.
Yes I’ve noticed the small increases each day that’s why I started to check Holiday packages in the hope of better fares. Next week will hopefully bring better news.

All in all though I think Newquay will be a success for BA. I don’t think they could make it work 3/4 daily like Flybe but a smaller schedule should be well used in the summer.

Perhaps there’s hope yet for a summer LHR-JER service
Old Feb 14, 2020, 7:55 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by BAeuro
Avis at NQY is only opened 10-17 I think so would probably be difficult to add a car to a flight booking given the flight times.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by florens
Avis at NQY is only opened 10-17 I think so would probably be difficult to add a car to a flight booking given the flight times.
Oh that’s a shame! I also see that it’s closed on a Sunday. So maybe BA won’t be keen to launch car hire deals.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by ECR
I could well be wrong but looking at the times I think one or two of these have come from slots currently used for BHD.

It is fantastic to have another domestic route but disappointing if the slots have come at the expense of other domestic services.
All but one of the NQY rotations have been funded by using slots and aircraft from other domestic services.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 10:21 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by florens
Unfortunately, yes, but I rang up Avis and they thought it might be worth booking and then ringing the office nearer the time to see if they could be persuaded to allow a late pick up. So I did that. Will have to see how that goes. Failing that, I see Hertz is open late... Anyone else got any experience of car hire at Newquay?
Old Feb 14, 2020, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by BAECAddict
Anyone else got any experience of car hire at Newquay?
Yes, don't bother as it's a recipe for disaster if you're flying in after 18:00, Europcar and Hertz are both closed then and I've never had any luck persuading either to be open longer (pre-booked should be collectable though), thankfully I now have a car in Cornwall but it's still an expensive taxi to the house.

You'll find that if you do the route regularly, that a lot can and often does go wrong, even if you're a regular and see the same people week in and week out, if it weren't for work, I'd avoid Newquay Airport like the plague but it's the best option compared to being on a train for 5-6 hours.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 2:54 pm

With Flybe in theory dead within hours, any chance I wonder of BA using some of the slots and planes for its cancelled Italian services to provide a short term ‘emergency’ service to NQY?
Old Mar 5, 2020, 2:31 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Would be nice if they could bring forward this, given the collapse of Flybe, but wasn't the BA service only going to be seasonal?
Old Mar 5, 2020, 2:34 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Akoz
Would be nice if they could bring forward this, given the collapse of Flybe, but wasn't the BA service only going to be seasonal?
Yes. And it's not a case of just saying "oh, let's fly to Newquay from today". All the contracts have to be in place for check-in, baggage etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.