Last edit by: Prospero
London Heathrow to Newquay
service starts 2 July 18 July 24 July 2020
Print Wikipost

BA Launch London Heathrow to Newquay

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2020, 9:06 am

Programs: BAEC
Loads seem good again on tonight’s flight. It will be interesting to see the figures for September.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 3:23 pm

In the last few days, the tender process has opened for the London to Newquay PSO. Notably, the tender is for 2 years and not the usual 4. This should make it more tempting for BA given that they don’t anticipate a recovery before 2023. The application closes on 30th November.

Old Sep 24, 2020, 4:07 pm

[QUOTE=HeyUpDuck;32697252]

It's completely ridiculous. They called up the PAX to board at the rear first before the plane was ready and people to embark, they then made them stay in the holding area without social distancing (which was okayish prior to going from departures to the gate). To top it off, they then called the rest of the plane to board and still, no one was able to actually board and it did become a free for /QUOTE]

They did this when it was Flybe - called a whole load of people to board before the plane was ready and then made them squish into the holding area. One you used the flight often you got used to just sitting it out and boarding at the end.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by BAeuro
In the last few days, the tender process has opened for the London to Newquay PSO. Notably, the tender is for 2 years and not the usual 4. This should make it more tempting for BA given that they don’t anticipate a recovery before 2023. The application closes on 30th November.

Arse. They didn’t back to back it with the Emergency PSO, I need a flight back the day after BAs current flights cease in Feb!
Old Sep 24, 2020, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by LimitingFactor
Arse. They didn’t back to back it with the Emergency PSO, I need a flight back the day after BAs current flights cease in Feb!
I was just thinking about this. It’s poor planning from Cornwall Council.

If BA do get the PSO though, I imagine they’ll fill the gap and continue flights between the end of the old PSO and start of the new one.

If it’s a new airline then they’ll be no flights between 24th Feb and 27th March.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 5:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Interesting to note that newquay seems to be doing a good job rebuilding the network after the demise of flybe.

Today has seen the highly successful Manchester route picked up by two airlines. Eastern will start in October flying a limited schedule and then loganair join the party in March.

as for the pso. My suspicion is that BA might well tender, especially considering two daily flights for two years is fairly easy to achieve and make use of slots. Even if they flew one to LHR and one to LGW or LCY.

cs
Old Sep 24, 2020, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by cornishsimon
as for the pso. My suspicion is that BA might well tender, especially considering two daily flights for two years is fairly easy to achieve and make use of slots. Even if they flew one to LHR and one to LGW or LCY.

cs
Can I ask where you saw two daily flights’?

From what I’ve read, I can’t find any specific details on how many flights per day are needed.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 6:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Can I ask where you saw two daily flights’?

From what I’ve read, I can’t find any specific details on how many flights per day are needed.

there was some chatter Locally suggesting two daily plus the seasonal service on top would be a potential compromise.

cs
Old Oct 2, 2020, 2:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Anybody travel on the BA1350 on Friday 24 September receive a email from NHS track and trace saying they’d been in close contact with someone tested positive for covid 19 and the need to self isolate until 9 Oct?
Old Oct 2, 2020, 2:41 pm

It seems tonight’s flight never managed to leave NQY. I wonder if it’s technical or due to Storm Alex...
Old Oct 2, 2020, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
Anybody travel on the BA1350 on Friday 24 September receive a email from NHS track and trace saying they’d been in close contact with someone tested positive for covid 19 and the need to self isolate until 9 Oct?
Yes I got the same email. We were sitting in row 7 or 8.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
Do you mean Friday 25th sept or Thursday 24th?
Old Oct 2, 2020, 4:12 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
It seems tonight’s flight never managed to leave NQY. I wonder if it’s technical or due to Storm Alex...
I would guess technical - flight down was fine albeit quite bumpy. The departure time back kept being pushed back so my guess is they were trying to fix an issue before the LHR curfew started to kick in. Noted the 2 x Thomas Cook A330’s stored on the other side of the airfield on landing - wouldn’t have thought an airport on the edge of the Atlantic was the best place for long term storage of an aircraft!

Pilot37
BAeuro likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 4:12 pm

I've got a friend on it - went tech apparently, although the weather isn't great down there either.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 4:32 pm

So first time for some years Nqy will have two aircraft on stand at the same time tomorrow morning

agreed with previous poster, it’s a tad dicey here today but very much doubt it would be outside operating limits of the airbus

cs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.