FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
London Heathrow to Newquay
service starts 2 July 18 July 24 July 2020
Print Wikipost

BA Launch London Heathrow to Newquay

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2020, 12:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by gw76
How many posts can this thread create? If it supersedes that of the 747 retirement thread there will be some disgruntlement!
#747isthepast
#NQYisthefuture

?

only joking. I love the queen of the skies as much as anyone else

noteworthy that A320 is now scheduled for the rest of August

cs
Old Aug 24, 2020, 7:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
And the numbers are in for July and BA carried 471 passengers between LHR and NQY. Considering that’s only 4 return flights a not too shabby average of 59 per flight.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 10:32 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
And the numbers are in for July and BA carried 471 passengers between LHR and NQY. Considering that’s only 4 return flights a not too shabby average of 59 per flight.

and let’s be honest. There’s no shortage of A319s knocking about at the moment so to be upguaging to an A320 they just be filling it

cs
Old Aug 25, 2020, 2:49 pm

Programs: BAEC
Now it’s all A320 till 10th September.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 8:14 am

After all the BS of the flight cancellations earlier this month, I switched my flights but now I can't figure out if I can sit with my partner. I've tried calling but BA ring out, I tried to reserve her a seat next to mine, it wouldn't let me select but there are other places in the cabin with two adjacent seats.

Is it worth calling or should I forget it? It's only a maximum of an hour flight so it's no big deal just an annoyance. That said, it's a pretty major annoyance on the whole and kind of regret my pleasure at having BA take the route.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 8:19 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by HeyUpDuck
After all the BS of the flight cancellations earlier this month, I switched my flights but now I can't figure out if I can sit with my partner. I've tried calling but BA ring out, I tried to reserve her a seat next to mine, it wouldn't let me select but there are other places in the cabin with two adjacent seats.

Is it worth calling or should I forget it? It's only a maximum of an hour flight so it's no big deal just an annoyance. That said, it's a pretty major annoyance on the whole and kind of regret my pleasure at having BA take the route.
In the scheme of things I would suggest there are more probably important things to worry about. Why not wait a bit then try and pick one of the times when the BA phone lines are generally quieter?
Old Aug 27, 2020, 1:50 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
If you have two separate bookings, it may be Theoretical Seating getting in the way. This depends on your shiny card(s) to a large degree. It may not be an issue, if you wait until 2 or 3 days to departure, then you can check in ExpertFlyer (or ask someone here to check) to see how seating is actually wokring out, since there may well be plenty of seats available. If it is some weeks away then it's not worth getting too involved now, they may change aircraft type again and again.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 3:23 pm

Programs: GGLfL

Did you try moving yourself you your current seat, then moving her to the seat next to your original seat, then moving yourself back again to the seat next to her (your original seat). Remember to confirm and save seat selections after each move.
Old Aug 28, 2020, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by golfmad
In the scheme of things I would suggest there are more probably important things to worry about. Why not wait a bit then try and pick one of the times when the BA phone lines are generally quieter?
In the scheme of things I'd disagree with you. I've had meetings and personal events cancelled, both at quite the expense and BA aren't covering jack. If I'd like to sort at least one thing to go correctly with this pointless trip, it would be the seat selection.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If you have two separate bookings, it may be Theoretical Seating getting in the way. This depends on your shiny card(s) to a large degree. It may not be an issue, if you wait until 2 or 3 days to departure, then you can check in ExpertFlyer (or ask someone here to check) to see how seating is actually wokring out, since there may well be plenty of seats available. If it is some weeks away then it's not worth getting too involved now, they may change aircraft type again and again.
It was two separate bookings from the get go as I had meetings and she was coming down for the weekend but now we're on the same flight down and back. She doesn't hold status so it may be partly to do with that. I'll wait until 4 days before and then recheck, it's not the end of the world if we can't sit together but it would be nice.
Originally Posted by MrSimonR
Did you try moving yourself you your current seat, then moving her to the seat next to your original seat, then moving yourself back again to the seat next to her (your original seat). Remember to confirm and save seat selections after each move.
That could be a way around, thanks!
Old Aug 28, 2020, 4:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
It was two separate bookings from the get go as I had meetings and she was coming down for the weekend but now we're on the same flight down and back. She doesn't hold status so it may be partly to do with that. I'll wait until 4 days before and then recheck, it's not the end of the world if we can't sit together but it would be nice.
If it is two separate bookings and she doesn't have status, the only way your status benefits for seat selection would transfer across would be if you were a BA gold and called to do a TCP and seat selection across on to her booking to sit together - if that is what you did before I am afraid you will have to call to re-request it on the new flight.

Other than that your only options for her to do seat selection prior to online check in would be to pay. Otherwise you would have to wait for check in to open and try and get two seats together then.
Old Aug 28, 2020, 9:10 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
In the scheme of things I'd disagree with you.
...it's not the end of the world if we can't sit together but it would be nice.
You seem to be contradicting yourself a bit here but hey ho, I understand it's frustrating. The part about you both having separate bookings is key and certainly explains the problem. The TCP (if you're gold) should sort it though as @KARFA rightly suggests.
Old Aug 28, 2020, 10:59 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Sorry if this has already been discussed but are BA going to be scheduling NQY flights for April? Just that I just changed my holiday to CUN from November to late April and wasn't able to rebook the flights to and from home as they're not listed.
Old Aug 28, 2020, 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by oliverdobbs
Sorry if this has already been discussed but are BA going to be scheduling NQY flights for April? Just that I just changed my holiday to CUN from November to late April and wasn't able to rebook the flights to and from home as they're not listed.
BA are currently only operating the route till late February. This is when the emergency 7 month tender expires.

After that, it is currently unknown who will fly the route. It may well be BA but it will be down to who wins the PSO from the government.

BA’s seasonal commercial operation will return in July 2021.
Old Aug 28, 2020, 12:47 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by BAeuro
BA are currently only operating the route till late February. This is when the emergency 7 month tender expires.

After that, it is currently unknown who will fly the route. It may well be BA but it will be down to who wins the PSO from the government.

BA’s seasonal commercial operation will return in July 2021.
thank you.
BAeuro likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2020, 9:53 am

So another extension to the A320 ops, this time till the end of September. There is an exception on 10/11/12th when a LHR A319 operates (EUO/EUP). Perhaps NQY will begin to take containerised aircraft.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.