London Heathrow to Newquay
service starts 2 July 18 July 24 July 2020
Print Wikipost

BA Launch London Heathrow to Newquay

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2020, 5:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by squawk
Depending on the price it could be a very good 2-4 day weekend away - the timings work well even connecting from elsewhere in the UK at LHR.
The information posted above suggests that the flights from Newquay to London on Sundays and Mondays are too late in the evening to make any onward connections.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Is he still around on the boards? After a fair amount of flack he took - i'm happy on his behalf!

Now let's see if any of the flights connect with the Isles of Scilly Skybus service from Newquay....
What other options are there for getting to the Scilly Isles? I am contemplating a visit there.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 5:32 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH GLD, IHG PLT
I wonder if they have bin loaders at NQY? If not then I guess it will always be a G-DBC*. Will be interesting to see if it uses BAW or SHT.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 6:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Haven't BA got better use for these landing / take off slots?

Anyway, never did understand Newquay airport (unless you want a summer break in Newquay). It's in the middle of nowhere, without proper transport links to the south of the county, where most of the people live.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 6:05 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
The Skybus to Scilly is a great trip, beautiful scenery. One of my 2018 highlights
CaroFos likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 6:14 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by Agent69
Haven't BA got better use for these landing / take off slots?

Anyway, never did understand Newquay airport (unless you want a summer break in Newquay). It's in the middle of nowhere, without proper transport links to the south of the county, where most of the people live.
Possibly but looking at the timetable they may not be peak slots:

Two weekly departure slots between 06:40 and 07:00 plus three weekly between 18:05 and 19:10
Two weekly arrival slots between 10:20 and 11:05 plus three weekly between 21:25 and 22:35
Old Feb 12, 2020, 6:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
So I suppose the next question that people will ask is "how easy is a back-to-back at NQY?"
Old Feb 12, 2020, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
What other options are there for getting to the Scilly Isles? I am contemplating a visit there.
The Skybus also goes from Exeter in the Summer
Old Feb 12, 2020, 6:34 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by wilsnunn
So I suppose the next question that people will ask is "how easy is a back-to-back at NQY?"
Strangely, I know the answer.

It's like the IOM but even smaller, you need to fully exit to landside and the return back via security. Which has always been swift there, the team there are keen to get you through swiftly. They don't have full liquid testing there (they use the old test-tube mixer process) so if you have valuable cosmetics it's best not to bring them, that process sometimes gives false or ambiguous results. The main departure area is fairly small with limited facilities so there is zero risk of missing your flight as far as I can see, on a B2B you may well end up in front of some of the locals who know not turn up too early if HBO. There is a small lounge for which you need a PIN door code from the information desk landside - the Executive Lounge is quite small, probably space for about 16 people cheek by jowl. I don't know if BA will have access to it (my guess is that they will) but Priority Pass works there. Children under 12 banned!

I will add to the B2B thread.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 6:35 am

Programs: BA Blue :(
These flights can now be booked. Just got my self on first flight from LHR-NYQ. (Avios Ticket)
wrp96 and crazyarmadillo like this.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by wilsnunn
A quick look suggests Saturday is easy (2-hour interval) which is helpful for those in employment. Less sure about the crack of dawn departure from LHR, though!
Old Feb 12, 2020, 6:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
The flights are appearing on Google Flights, not cheap though: https://www.google.com/flights#flt=L...27*2.GBP.64037

Edit: clicking through, it seems that this is full flex Y class pricing which somewhat explains the cost.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 6:48 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
I am completely sober and unaffected by any psychedelic substances and yet I am still seeing something less likely than a flying pig: a new BA domestic route!

BA must reckon there's money in this route - which raises even more questions what FlyBe are doing going to LGW from Newquay now.

Of course, in the domestic political arena, "BA provides flight connections to economically depressed region of country" is going to be beneficial. There are, I am confident, some non-financial factors here.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 7:07 am

Programs: BAEC
This is great news!

I am sure this route will be popular with tourists and residents alike, and probably bring in a lot of surfers. I’d expect loads to be quite good and maybe we will see a bigger schedule next summer.

And for those who say the flight times are bad, well I would disagree. They’re perfect for a weekend getaway or short break over the summer months. Plus there are 2 morning services if you do want to connect. Don’t forget this route wasn’t planned into the summer program until the last minute (when Flybe announced its move to LGW). They have simply got these slots but plucking a few rotations from Munich or Frankfurt let’s say. Hence, the longer turn around times on some rotations.

Edit: Just noticed the Sunday rotation says arrival at Terminal M - so this must be a GLA slot.

Last edited by BAeuro; Feb 12, 2020 at 7:18 am
Old Feb 12, 2020, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by flatlander

Of course, in the domestic political arena, "BA provides flight connections to economically depressed region of country" is going to be beneficial. There are, I am confident, some non-financial factors here.
Less beneficial if you add the modifyer - "for 4 days a week for 2 months of the year"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.