Wiki Posts
Search

BA73 LHR to AUH [10 Feb 2020]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2020, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond
BA73 LHR to AUH [10 Feb 2020]

Sat on the tarmac for 2 hours - seems we have a technical fault or two and engineers are on board. It clearly indicates a late arrival which will have knock on effect to people travelling back to the Uk so this message just a heads up there is an issue. Early indications are at earliest a 02:30am arrival time into AUH

16:05 UK time - engineers have determined we need a new part which should be fitted and tested by 16:30 so heres hoping ..

Last edited by TheBigRat; Feb 10, 2020 at 9:09 am
Old Feb 10, 2020, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Now leaving at 21:00 apparently... need to swap planes ...
Old Feb 10, 2020, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by TheBigRat
Now leaving at 21:00 apparently... need to swap planes ...
The EUR600 payout under EC261 will make the delay much sweeter 😊
Old Feb 10, 2020, 10:56 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
Thats the problem with BAs 772 they are getting a bit unreliable. I had a similar problem going to BKK in November but not a bad just 2.5 hours late, they just off loaded some the CW mini cabin passengers and filled up PE with others as the crew rest area was defective. There was a lot of unhappy people.
John
TheBigRat likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
The EUR600 payout under EC261 will make the delay much sweeter 😊
going through the online BA process now while I have time to kill ... 😀
Old Feb 10, 2020, 1:02 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
going through the online BA process now while I have time to kill ... 😀
I would leave it a few days if I were you. Send it in about 3 or 4 days after arrival, early submission can be frustrating.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I would leave it a few days if I were you. Send it in about 3 or 4 days after arrival, early submission can be frustrating.
thanks for the guidance C-W-S, Id already fired in the request - submitted on the 10th, an email response on 12th confirming EU261 applies and will be paid in 7-10 working days - funds showing as arriving into my account this coming Monday 17th. It would seem that there has been a significant improvement in the process recently compared to what others have had to go through.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by thejohn
Thats the problem with BAs 772 they are getting a bit unreliable. I had a similar problem going to BKK in November but not a bad just 2.5 hours late, they just off loaded some the CW mini cabin passengers and filled up PE with others as the crew rest area was defective. There was a lot of unhappy people.
John
They are still the most reliable a/c in the whole fleet for engineering.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Sat on the tarmac for 2 hours - seems we have a technical fault or two and engineers are on board. It clearly indicates a late arrival which will have knock on effect to people travelling back to the Uk so this message just a heads up there is an issue. Early indications are at earliest a 02:30am arrival time into AUH

16:05 UK time - engineers have determined we need a new part which should be fitted and tested by 16:30 so heres hoping ..
I take BA72 and BA73 with great frequency. (I'm on BA73 again tomorrow.) Because the aircraft does a quick turn at AUH, every delay on BA73 impacts the BA72 return to LHR. I find, though, that BA are pretty good at alerting passengers on BA72 if the aircraft is running late.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 10:04 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I am flying BA72/BA73 in the next 10 days. When I booked the service was marked as operated by a B787 and I now see while choosing my seats than it is a 772
Any chance Dreamliner is put again on this route next weekend ?
Old Feb 16, 2020, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by fransknorge
I am flying BA72/BA73 in the next 10 days. When I booked the service was marked as operated by a B787 and I now see while choosing my seats than it is a 772
Any chance Dreamliner is put again on this route next weekend ?
Unlikely.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 10:13 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
Originally Posted by speedbuslhr
They are still the most reliable a/c in the whole fleet for engineering.
mechanically Airframe/Engine
yes but the soft fittings not so much. Having arrived this morning on a 772 in Club the only way to adjust the seat was the two < > buttons the other seat controls did not operate the seat despite constant pushing. Maybe I'm just unlucky.
John

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.