Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Agent Rebooked me on to Earlier Flight than Asked for

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Agent Rebooked me on to Earlier Flight than Asked for

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2020, 5:04 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
It is perhaps unfortunate that the BA8705 leaves at 7:35 and the BA8711 departs at 7:05.
deeruck and nancypants like this.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 5:05 am

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
It is perhaps unfortunate that the BA8705 leaves at 7:35 and the BA8711 departs at 7:05.
and “8705” sounds astonishingly similar to “at 7.05”
Old Feb 9, 2020, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by nancypants
and “8705” sounds astonishingly similar to “at 7.05”
Only with an Aussie accent
deeruck and nancypants like this.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 5:32 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Confus
I hate to say it, but your OP doesn’t fill one with confidence for your notation accuracy.
LDN = Lamidanda, Nepal
LON = metro city code for London, UK
I see, so Lilley Allen was singing about Nepal, then!

Old Feb 9, 2020, 7:30 am

To be fair - considering the OP rang a short period of time after changing the flight, having already paid a change fee - I would have given him (as the customer) the benefit of the doubt. There's an opportunity here for BA to gain some goodwill at very little cost, instead of incurring customer resentment.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 8:14 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
If the change is important, I would have the change made, pay the fee and then send a note to BA asking for it to listen to the recording (which can take some time) and then refund.

For the benefit of others, anytime I have an air carrier or other provider such as a hotel make a change of any sort, I look for email confirmation, check the website if need be and call back if the change is not proper. It is more likely that the phone agent read back what was on the display monitor, e.g. the "incorrect" flight than that the read back was of what the OP had requested.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by Often1
If the change is important, I would have the change made, pay the fee and then send a note to BA asking for it to listen to the recording (which can take some time) and then refund.
That's what I would have done as well. However, the issue is that the call was handled in Germany, and so there is no recording.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 8:38 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Personally I would have logged in after the phone call to check within an hour, having said that though this isn’t a great help to the OP now and if I was in their situation I would work to make the earlier flight or if that was not possible pay the change fee and then see where I got with CR after the flight, but with low expectations. If the former one can try a SDFC come midnight which given they are all currently showing plenary of availability has a high chance of success.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by The doomed
Thoughts on next steps? Just paying it isnt an option my end.
I'm confused. If you can't make the earlier flight and BA won't change it without a fee isn't that your only option?
Often1 likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 10:12 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by SteveF
I'm confused. If you can't make the earlier flight and BA won't change it without a fee isn't that your only option?
That is the practical reality. While there is always the chance that BA will relent, one can't plan on it. Thus, the choice is getting up earlier or fronting the money for the change with the full understanding that it may not be refunded.

Last edited by Often1; Feb 9, 2020 at 2:17 pm Reason: Typo
Old Feb 9, 2020, 10:32 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by Often1
That is the practical reality. While there is always the chance that BA will relent, one can't plan on it. Thus, the choice is getting up earlier or fronting the money for the change with the full understanding that it may not be redunded.
Well put. I can't see another option if you can't manage the earlier flight but to pay the change fee and hope that BA refunds it but be prepared they may not.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 10:35 am

It makes me so sad to read of an organisation operating this way. I'm fond of flying with BA, but what a sorry state of affairs. Presuming that the OP doesn't have notes on file that this has happened before, any sane customer service policy would be tipped in favour of giving the customer the benefit of the doubt here. (Perhaps even some Avios as an apology for having to call up again!)

​​​The thought that a one off instance of this kind would require the customer to double their change fee payment, go to the trouble of complaining, wait to get to the front of the complaints queue, have someone attempt find and listen to a recording from a call centre in another country, and then make a judgement on the veracity of said one off issue.... it beggars belief!

Just give the change as a one off, stop looking at the £60 as lost revenue, and start considering 'the doomed' as a customer that is a) much more likely to choose BA in the future and b) much less likely to tell all his friends and family how terrible the treatment was in this situation.

​​​
Old Feb 9, 2020, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by The doomed
Just check call times, called today before midday and call yesterday was 12:30, so would fall within that timeframe, if such a policy exists.

​​​​​​Have sent them a DM on twitter.
How did it go?

(regarding that policy, I’ve used it 2-3 times, most recently Friday)
Old Feb 9, 2020, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat, BA Bronze, Hotels.com
Originally Posted by SteveF
I can make the earlier flight, but due to others (logistics and others in household) it has significantly more impact than simply getting out to bed 30mins earlier.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 11:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat, BA Bronze, Hotels.com
Originally Posted by BA6501
How did it go?

(regarding that policy, I’ve used it 2-3 times, most recently Friday)
Twitter team have acknowledged my request but no outcome yet. Understandably busy last 24hrs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.