Wiki Posts
Search

LHR-MBJ Via MIA Advice

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2020, 1:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
LHR-MBJ Via MIA Advice

Long time lurker needing advice. Have a 2 4 1 voucher cant travel direct with BA, question is can I book a connecting flight from MIA to MBJ probably with AA on the same reservation so I wont have to clear immigration, collect my bags and check in again for connecting flight? TIA.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Welcome to Flyertalk Filmcritic. Nope, you will need to book separate flights. The 241 must be only on BA flights exUK.

Lots of good tips and FAQs on the main 241 thread :

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion
Old Feb 3, 2020, 2:00 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk Filmcritic, and welcome to the BA forum. I hope we will see more of you here (and maybe some IFE recommendations!).

In addition to the 2-4-1 limitation, there is the issue that any trip to the USA necessarily involves entry into the USA, so you need an ESTA. The USA doesn't do international connecting flights, even NZ's LHR-Auckland requires everyone to clear immigration in LAX. For MIA, ATL and DFW there is a scheme called ITI which allows your bags to go through if they are on one reservation but otherwise you will need to clear those bags through USA customs too if you can't get ITI labels on the bags. For those reasons, you may want to look at going LGW-KIN on BA, and taking the rather tedious road trip to MBJ.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 2:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
Thanks for the quick replies, did look at lgw-kin option but thought of 4hr plus drive to mbj has put me off. Looked at inter Caribbean but departure of 1700 kin to mbj leaves us just 90 minutes after BA schedule landing into kin to connect, think this is probably to tight any thoughts?
Old Feb 3, 2020, 2:40 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Filmcritic
Thanks for the quick replies, did look at lgw-kin option but thought of 4hr plus drive to mbj has put me off. Looked at inter Caribbean but departure of 1700 kin to mbj leaves us just 90 minutes after BA schedule landing into kin to connect, think this is probably to tight any thoughts?
They would probably wait 20 minutes or so if they knew you were connecting from LGW and were running a bit late, and I suspect most passengers would be connecting from other flights, but it's not even a daily service. It's a valid option, you could see it as "best case I'm on the hopper flight, worst case it's a long drive" but that could prove expensive. Less problematic on the return from MBJ obviously.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.