Wiki Posts
Search

BA 241 return booking

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2020, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
BA 241 return booking

We have booked our BA 241 reward outward flights and are awaiting the 355 day window to open so we can book the return.

I understand that we can call BAEC and have the return leg added to the existing 241 booking.

Its a long story but is there any possibility of booking the return (using normal number of avios) via ba.com and then calling BAEC to add those flights to the original 241 booking at a later date with avios/tax recalculation?

Its a long shot I know but would be grateful for your views.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 8:39 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
My understanding from a number of previous posts on this is that yes, you can do what you suggest and then call BA to connect them together and refund the avios. You obviously need enough avios to make the second booking. wj
Old Jan 25, 2020, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by Stoat
We have booked our BA 241 reward outward flights and are awaiting the 355 day window to open so we can book the return.

I understand that we can call BAEC and have the return leg added to the existing 241 booking.

Its a long story but is there any possibility of booking the return (using normal number of avios) via ba.com and then calling BAEC to add those flights to the original 241 booking at a later date with avios/tax recalculation?

Its a long shot I know but would be grateful for your views.
Yes, I have done this many times. See the wiki in this thread for details:

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion
Old Jan 25, 2020, 9:08 am

Programs: baec, HHonours
Yes you can and it also makes it easier because you are more likely to get the seats you want online at midnight GMT rather than phoning USA/Japan call centres and getting caught in a 45 minute queue

ss
Old Jan 25, 2020, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Yes you can - I did this recently. All in the excellent 241 thread

BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion
Old Jan 25, 2020, 1:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Mileage Plus, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Pizza Express Gold
You can do what you suggest and get the Avios recalculated. The taxes, fees and charges won't be though. That works in your favour sometimes eg HKG. If you're going to North America it will be significantly more expensive though.
Oaxaca likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 4:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by omk298
You can do what you suggest and get the Avios recalculated. The taxes, fees and charges won't be though. That works in your favour sometimes eg HKG. If you're going to North America it will be significantly more expensive though.
Thank you. Presumably a Caribbean trip wont result in higher taxes/fees in this scenario?
Old Jan 27, 2020, 4:55 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Thank you. Presumably a Caribbean trip wont result in higher taxes/fees in this scenario?
It might be worth you checking. Price up a revenue return on ba,com and just look at the taxes/fees/charges, and then price up two one ways and see whether the total taxes/fees/charges is more or less.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 2:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Mileage Plus, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Pizza Express Gold
As an example, a round trip to Barbados would be £537.82. Two one-ways would be a total of £567.92, so about £30 per person more. You might think that £30 is a reasonable price to pay to avoid having to call BA at midnight or 1am, or you might not.

Obviously the numbers will vary for other routes - as KARFA says, it's worth checking your exact route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.