Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways Holidays, different travel class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2020, 3:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Explorer/Flying Blue Petroleum Club

Sorry if this has been covered before but I couldn't see any information.

Hi all I am looking to book a holiday via BA Holidays for my family holiday this year, for the last 4 years we have done EDI>GTW>MCO in WTP. My question is, is it possible to book the holiday online flying out LGW>MCO in WTP and the return MCO>LGW in CW?

I've played around with a few options but the only way I can see it possible is booking it as flight only with these options and adding the Hotel, Car etc. after, only issue with this is you can't pay a deposit doing it this way so the full sum would need to be paid upfront.

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Colnic2011
Old Jan 24, 2020, 3:17 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
You are going to have to try calling. The way you are doing it is the only way to do mixed-classes online.
Colnic2011 likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 3:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, AirAstana Silver (much use as chocolate teapot)
We did LGW-MCO a few years back with BA Holidays, we did do CW out & WTP back. Damned if I can remember how we did it but we did! So no help, other than it can be done!
Colnic2011 likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 3:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
When I did this (I wanted WT outbound and WT+ inbound) I called them up and was told to book online in WT and then to call within 24 hours to upgrade the inbound leg without the change fee.

It worked well for me.
Colnic2011 and AJA_ like this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 3:19 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by Colnic2011
Sorry if this has been covered before but I couldn't see any information.

....My question is, is it possible to book the holiday online flying out LGW>MCO in WTP and the return MCO>LGW in CW?.....

Regards,
Colnic2011
I can't help you directly, but does it have to be online? This seems like a case where phoning up is worth a few minutes of your time - I would expect it would be possible to book mixed classes and you'll get the benefit of the 24 hour cancellation period if you book by phone, which doesn't exist for a BA Hols booking made online.

Pricing it up online beforehand should give you ballpark figures.
Colnic2011 likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 3:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Explorer/Flying Blue Petroleum Club
Originally Posted by BertieBadger
I can't help you directly, but does it have to be online? This seems like a case where phoning up is worth a few minutes of your time - I would expect it would be possible to book mixed classes and you'll get the benefit of the 24 hour cancellation period if you book by phone, which doesn't exist for a BA Hols booking made online.

Pricing it up online beforehand should give you ballpark figures.

It looks like this is the best option to give them a call. thanks for the help guys.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 3:54 am

I've been trying to price holiday out to the West Coast - selecting WT+ flights presented me with J options in both directions on BA holidays. In both cases they didn't cost that much more than WT+ did so perhaps it only displays them if they're within a certain amount of the WT+ fare?

EDIT: Thinking about it, it only gives me J fares on flights with no WT+..... (EI & BA1)
Colnic2011 likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 4:13 am

The web site is, unsurprisingly buggy.
Sometimes it lets me get a price with deposit on fly drive and then other times, thye same flights etc, it doesnt.
Colnic2011 and lcylocal like this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 5:30 am

Programs: BA Gold
I went from London to Costa Rica last year.

I initially booked WT+ both ways. I rang up for an upgrade to CW, at the time they had an offer out, so I took that. A few months later I called again, and they had an offer to upgrade the return flight to CW too - and when they did the price, I actually got a £500 refund for the upgrade, but you do have to call, as you can't upgrade a BA Holiday online (It's never let me, I don't know if anyone else has managed it)
Colnic2011 likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 5:50 am

I often book different classes in outbound and return.

last year I flew LHR-SFO in economy and back in CW with Avis car hire added.

I search flight only, choose flights and class then add car at checkout.

I've always been able to pay just a deposit initially.

in fact I’m off to Denver this summer on the same premise although after initially booking economy out, I called up and managed to book WT+ for less than the price I initially proceeded on for WT!!
Colnic2011 likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 6:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by stuvoi
I went from London to Costa Rica last year.

I initially booked WT+ both ways. I rang up for an upgrade to CW, at the time they had an offer out, so I took that. A few months later I called again, and they had an offer to upgrade the return flight to CW too - and when they did the price, I actually got a £500 refund for the upgrade, but you do have to call, as you can't upgrade a BA Holiday online (It's never let me, I don't know if anyone else has managed it)
Originally Posted by gavcuk
I often book different classes in outbound and return.

last year I flew LHR-SFO in economy and back in CW with Avis car hire added.

I search flight only, choose flights and class then add car at checkout.

I've always been able to pay just a deposit initially.

in fact I’m off to Denver this summer on the same premise although after initially booking economy out, I called up and managed to book WT+ for less than the price I initially proceeded on for WT!!
A question for you who have had refunds (or ended up paying less), does this mean that the fare difference PLUS change fee was still negative? I am amazed that it would ever be the case that to go from WT+ to CW would have a negative fare difference larger than the change fee unless WT+ was booked at an overly high price or there was a super duper incredible CW sale?
Colnic2011 likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by wilsnunn
A question for you who have had refunds (or ended up paying less), does this mean that the fare difference PLUS change fee was still negative? I am amazed that it would ever be the case that to go from WT+ to CW would have a negative fare difference larger than the change fee unless WT+ was booked at an overly high price or there was a super duper incredible CW sale?
BA Holidays don’t charge a change fee on upgrades.
wilsnunn and Colnic2011 like this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by lcylocal
BA Holidays don’t charge a change fee on upgrades.
Never knew that, thank you, that is actually quite a good benefit that I didn't know about.
Colnic2011 likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 6:25 am

Never knew that, thank you, that is actually quite a good benefit that I didn't know about.
Me neither until recently as obviously you can’t see how they reach the calculation for the upgrade price.

Recently I called and said I want to change my booking. The agent told me there was a minimum £60 change fee, but when I told them it was an upgrade they said that there was no change fee for upgrades.

Incidentally I think they way they price upgrades is the cost of the sector in the new cabin in the lowest booking class available today (which can either be priced at today’s price or the price the day you booked whichever is lowest) minus the value of the sector when you bought it (which is an unknown value to the customer).

There are two main ways this can be favourable. Firstly if fares have fallen, for example in a sale, or if a lower booking class is now on sale. This has often been the case for me where only R class Club Europe tickets have been available when booking but subsequently I class seats become available. An ExpertFlyer alert can keep an eye on this circumstance too.
Colnic2011 likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 7:04 am

Programs: BA Gold
Hi, yes I got £500 refund back into my account.. WT+ price wasn't huge, so CW price must have been crazy low!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.