FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Holidays, different travel class
Old Jan 24, 2020, 6:25 am
lcylocal

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by wilsnunn
Never knew that, thank you, that is actually quite a good benefit that I didn't know about.
Me neither until recently as obviously you can’t see how they reach the calculation for the upgrade price.

Recently I called and said I want to change my booking. The agent told me there was a minimum £60 change fee, but when I told them it was an upgrade they said that there was no change fee for upgrades.

Incidentally I think they way they price upgrades is the cost of the sector in the new cabin in the lowest booking class available today (which can either be priced at today’s price or the price the day you booked whichever is lowest) minus the value of the sector when you bought it (which is an unknown value to the customer).

There are two main ways this can be favourable. Firstly if fares have fallen, for example in a sale, or if a lower booking class is now on sale. This has often been the case for me where only R class Club Europe tickets have been available when booking but subsequently I class seats become available. An ExpertFlyer alert can keep an eye on this circumstance too.