Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Twitter fails (#TeamAngela)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2020, 3:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Petroleum
Originally Posted by percysmith
In Hong Kong Apple Stores, staff have to routinely tell tourists from the Mainland to sign their Unionpay cards before signing their card receipts. Because in the Mainland most Unionpay-local transaction are PIN. Some even take half a minute to understand why they need to sign the back (what is it for).

Took two weeks for my wife to understand she's meant to sign her British Nationality (Overseas) Passport. BNOs are different from full British Citizen passports in that the signature block is printed over "SEE PAGE ABOVE", the Observations page having a statement that the holder is entitled to Hong Kong Right of Abode (since they're not entitled to UK ROA) and a signature block.

German passport control fines the airlines for passport not signed 'Must sign passport' alert in MMB ?
I was only just asked in Japan to sign a two year old credit card that I've used successfully on several continents!
Old Jan 9, 2020, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by cupsandsaucers
Angela is right. 100%

However her langauge is rather condescending and this should have been worded better. Comes across as nippy and patronising. But yeah her point is entierly valid.
She is technically right in what she said but wrong to have said it. She didn’t need to respond at all.

who needs life lessons from an airline social media employee.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by cupsandsaucers
Angela is right. 100%

However her langauge is rather condescending and this should have been worded better. Comes across as nippy and patronising. But yeah her point is entierly valid.
She is technically right in what she said but wrong to say it.

who needs life lessons from an airline social media employee. And if you really believe the original person needed a lesson, this is not an effective way to do it. Angles is just being self important here. Just be civil and say, sorry but those are the rules we are required to follow.

shaming a customer is always wrong.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 7:13 pm

Programs: QF WP
My personal theory is that Angela is an NT news social media person who’s in the UK for a working holiday 😉

Funky Spike likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 5:13 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by beachfan
Clearly Sharon does.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 8:58 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond

classic Argumentum ad hominem. Everybody needs life lessons. A life lesson isn’t better or worse when It comes from an airline social media employee.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
She is technically right in what she said but wrong to say it.

who needs life lessons from an airline social media employee. And if you really believe the original person needed a lesson, this is not an effective way to do it. Angles is just being self important here. Just be civil and say, sorry but those are the rules we are required to follow.

shaming a customer is always wrong.
Except it was Sharron who first posted (including the badly disguised obscenities). I wonder what her behaviour was like to the BA staffer who was dealing with in person? Probably not much better I imagine given her own reports of what other people in the queue said about her.
If you don't want 'life lessons' from strangers on social media then don't post on social media.

If you only want supportive coments from your friends then don't tag companies in your posts so all and sundry who follow that company can see them and respond to your post.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 11:42 am

Programs: BA GOLD
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
Another vintage one - sadly original tweet deleted. Might explain the data breach...

Our old DYKWIA friend Ian of the "lack of boiled eggs in the lounge" fame raises his head above the Twitter parapet again I see

DYKWIA | 2018 edition page 71 answer #1063

This is the sort of rubbish #TeamAngela and the Twitter team have to deal with as well as genuine requests and comments.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 4:20 am

Programs: BA Gold
I often read the BA Twitter tweets before I go to bed at night. My wife can usually tell when I do this because I start to chuckle to myself by what people tweet. Occasionally, I do have some sympathy for those tweeting to BA with their problems. But more often than not I wonder how I would do that job, well, I would not be employed too long because I would be too blunt

H
percysmith likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 4:25 am

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by Hoch
I often read the BA Twitter tweets before I go to bed at night. My wife can usually tell when I do this because I start to chuckle to myself by what people tweet. Occasionally, I do have some sympathy for those tweeting to BA with their problems. But more often than not I wonder how I would do that job, well, I would not be employed too long because I would be too blunt

H
visitor posts to BA (and indeed, any airline)’s Facebook pages are similarly fascinating for those interested in human behaviour
percysmith likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 4:51 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by nancypants
visitor posts to BA (and indeed, any airline)’s Facebook pages are similarly fascinating for those interested in human behaviour
I serially read CX's.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by nancypants
I used to read (and comment on) another airlines FB posts trying to help people with queries but it just came to the point where I got fed up with the stupidity of some people and what they posted and their demands.

Some made me wonder if they were even capable of getting dressed in the morning let alone book flights and travel across the world!

I remember one that said she was going to 'order' her followers to never fly that airline again (over something like a cold cup of coffee) only for someone to point out that she had 6 and one was her mother!
Old Jan 11, 2020, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by GadgetGal
Quite.. not to mention Schipol has absolutely no compunction calling your over the tannoy when you're late to board
And in what manner too! "Mrs Gadgetgal! You are delaying the flight. Immediate boarding at Gate B34!" I love those Schiphol announcements. And support Team Angela.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 6:02 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
OT: There’s someone on FB that has an account called ‘customer support’ (obviously not truly customer support, it’s a humour page) and posts about humorous interactions they have with people on their own page as well as post exchanges they’ve had on other pages...some are very funny, however, strong language warning at times!

safe travels.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 6:49 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by BotB
OT: There’s someone on FB that has an account called ‘customer support’ (obviously not truly customer support, it’s a humour page) and posts about humorous interactions they have with people on their own page as well as post exchanges they’ve had on other pages...some are very funny, however, strong language warning at times!

safe travels.
yes! It’s brilliant.
trooper likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.