Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Tragic news : Three BA cabin crew killed in New Years Eve car crash

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2020, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques

As this is now in the media I feel it is safe to post this.
This is a tragic accident and as they are members of the BA family it feels especially so.
https://news.sky.com/story/heathrow-...-dead-11898963
Dambus, argonath and Tottie66 like this.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 11:38 am

Tragic car crash involving BA crew

Hello all, the BA crew community is currently coming to terms with the difficult news that three colleagues have lost their lives, and one further hospitalised in a critical condition, in the car accident on the Heathrow perimeter road last night, Dec. 31st.

I am posting this should anyone feel compelled to support the go-fund me link below. Many thanks.

News source
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-50964798
Funds are being raised should anyone like to support
https://www.gofundme.com/f/ba-angels...pd+share-sheet
Old Jan 1, 2020, 11:39 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by Can I help you
This is a tragic accident and as they are members of the BA family it feels especially so.
thank you for posting, and my thoughts and sympathies are with the friends, family and colleagues of those involved in this tragedy.

I’m so grateful for everything that BA CC do, and this incident really puts into perspective some of the first world problems we face travelling with a stark reminder of reality.

Rest In Peace
Old Jan 1, 2020, 11:40 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Terribly sad. Our thoughts are with the families, friends and fellow crew members.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 11:42 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by smiles in the aisles
Hello all, the BA crew community is currently coming to terms with the difficult news that three colleagues have lost their lives, and one further hospitalised in a critical condition, in the car accident on the Heathrow perimeter road last night, Dec. 31st.

I am posting this should anyone feel compelled to support the go-fund me link below. Many thanks.

News source
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-50964798
Funds are being raised should anyone like to support
https://www.gofundme.com/f/ba-angels...pd+share-sheet
Very sad news, a terrible car accident. Our thoughts and sympathy go out to fellow crew members and the families.

Last edited by camdentown; Jan 1, 2020 at 11:43 am Reason: spelling
Old Jan 1, 2020, 11:46 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I am extremely sorry to read of this, I know from past incidents that the whole company will be affected by a terrible accident like this. Thank you for posting, not just in terms of fundraising angle, but also I guess passengers can do their bit by being sensitive to this event, in terms of any dealings they have with BA staff members in the immediate period ahead of us.

My condolences to the family, friends and all those who knew the victims of this crash.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Jan 1, 2020 at 12:04 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jan 1, 2020, 12:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Very sad indeed. Staff were informed by email this morning offering counselling and support with a few posts on social media suggesting something now subsequently confirmed.

Two of them had worked yesterday but none of them were travelling to or from work at the time of the accident. Nice to see the Go Fund Me Page doing quite well but absolutely devastating that it has of course been necessary.
wrp96, Bearface, DaveS and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 12:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I am extremely sorry to read of this, I know from past incidents that the whole company will be affected by a terrible accident like this. Thank you for posting, not just in terms of fundraising angle, but also I guess passengers can do their bit by being sensitive to this event, in terms of any dealings they have with BA staff members in the immediate period ahead of us.

My condolences to the family, friends and all those who knew the victims of this crash.
Terribly sad news, I second what you wrote here.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 12:45 pm

Programs: I am a lowly ant
The police appeal for witnesses is here

https://www.surrey.police.uk/news/su...r-in-stanwell/

Emergency services were called to the scene at the junction of Bedfont Road and Long Lane at 11.39pm following the collision between a white Mercedes HGV and a white Toyota Yaris. The HGV left the road and ended up in Longford River, which runs parallel with Bedfont Road.

Two men aged 25 and 23 and a woman aged 20 who were in the Yaris died at the scene, and a 25 year-old woman, also in the Yaris is in hospital in a serious condition. Their next of kin have been informed.

The driver of the lorry was taken to hospital as a precaution. No arrests have been made. The road remains closed while recovery of the HGV takes place this morning.

Sergeant Chris Schultze from the Surrey and Sussex Roads Policing Unit said: “Our thoughts are with the family and friends of those involved in this collision at what is an extremely difficult time.

“We are continuing to appeal for witnesses to what happened and would urge anyone who may have any video footage, CCTV or dashcam or any other kind, to get in touch with us. Please report any information via 101 and quote the reference number PR/P19303422.”
This is the local news page on the incident, which is being updated

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/sur...-live-17496587
Old Jan 1, 2020, 1:17 pm

Programs: Varies
I'm so sorry to hear about this. My condolences to all the BA team, and to their friends and family.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 1:48 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
In case in anyone wants to contribute there is a GoFund page for the BA Angels. Very sad news. 😢
Jimmie76, T8191, Bearface and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 2:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Can only add to the condolancies offered both to their BA family and their none work friends and family. There's never a good time for tradegy like this but it being NYE feels like an even sadder event.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 2:39 pm

Awful, awful, awful. It's not far off from the road I used to commute on to work, I recognised some of the warehouses in the photos on the news. Donated.
Old Jan 1, 2020, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Deepest condolences to friends and family and all at BA.

TBS
Old Jan 1, 2020, 3:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
How utterly sad. Like many posters on here I know the road well and have driven it many times, especially late at night. It’s awful that three people have been lost in such a tragic accident. I hope, as I’m sure everyone else does, that the fourth person is able to make a full recovery and also inform the police how the accident occurred so near to their place of work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.