Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Tragic news : Three BA cabin crew killed in New Years Eve car crash

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tragic news : Three BA cabin crew killed in New Years Eve car crash

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2020, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by flylikelinz
Is there any news on the charities chosen that this fund will goto?
It will be distributed to the families
Old Jan 14, 2020, 11:36 am
Formerly known as linzbh

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by smiles in the aisles
It will be distributed to the families
Oh really my understanding from the original description would be that it would be used for a flower arrangement and a donation to a charity of the families choosing?

i can see the text has now changed.

I will in addition donate £10 also to Brake. my fear now is, given the change in description, it could raise issues with the release of funds..

new description:

“My aim for the funds is to split the final total equally in four giving each family affected an equal amount and to ensure that we as a fleet can send a nice flower arrangement to the 3 crew members funerals....”

original description :

"I have set up this fund to raise money so that we as a fleet can send a nice flower arrangement to the three crew members' funerals and hopefully make a nice donation to a charity of the families' choosing..”
Old Jan 14, 2020, 12:25 pm

Programs: Silver, JJC (circa 1980)
As some of you know, my daughter is BA crew based at Gatwick. As I understand it, the surviving crew member is Scottish, and her parents have been staying in a hotel near to the hospital since the accident. On top of the huge emotional stress of this situation, it must also be an increasing financial burden for them.

I really hope the donations can be used to help this poor family as soon as possible. So very sad for all involved x
Old Jan 14, 2020, 12:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, MeliaRewards Gold, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by flylikelinz
Oh really my understanding from the original description would be that it would be used for a flower arrangement and a donation to a charity of the families choosing?

i can see the text has now changed.

I will in addition donate £10 also to Brake. my fear now is, given the change in description, it could raise issues with the release of funds..

new description:

“My aim for the funds is to split the final total equally in four giving each family affected an equal amount and to ensure that we as a fleet can send a nice flower arrangement to the 3 crew members funerals....”

original description :

"I have set up this fund to raise money so that we as a fleet can send a nice flower arrangement to the three crew members' funerals and hopefully make a nice donation to a charity of the families' choosing..”
I wouldn't worry too much, for fundraisers that become large, GoFundMe will usually liaise with the fundraiser directly and ensure things remain in policy and funds are appropriately used/distributed. From the update on the page on the 10th of January it seems that have already been in contact with them.

if you have any any questions or concerns, you can contact the organiser directly, through the GoFundMe page.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.