Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA in the media | master thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2020, 6:47 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by ltl2020
Have been a long time lurker of the BAEC FT page; thought it about time I joined!

From reading a large number of travel blogger sites over lockdown I’m amazed at frankly how much information seems to be picked up from the BAEC forum.. one UK based ‘blogger’ in particular seems to quite literally copy forums - a few hours after a thread opens, a blog post appears!

Perhaps some top contributors should explore getting a cut
I sometimes write a post here or spread some information on routes/aircraft and the exact information is found on blogs an hour later. And it’s not common information either so it’s clear where they get it from...

It does annoy me sometimes. Maybe we should set up our own BA Blog 😂
Old Jul 30, 2020, 7:57 am

I'm not a blogger (well, I have my crummy travel blog but that's a different thing!) but, if I were one, I'd at least refer back to the sources whence my post comes from. I follow Lucky's blog and I find his approach to be quite ethical: for instance if there's a story breaking on AA he'll undoubtedly quote the ever knowledgeable JonNYC. I feel for people like BAeuro or Prospero , whose Wikis are really useful (and the seatmaps are WAY better than anything BA or Amadeus can ever come up with). Quote your sources people!
BAeuro likes this.
Old Jul 30, 2020, 8:36 am

Many blog posts have ZERO inside or topic knowledge, so are 100% outside opinion pieces that are often laughed at internally when published.
Don't critise or disprove some though, they don't like it and get very defensive
Old Jul 31, 2020, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by 13901
I'm not a blogger (well, I have my crummy travel blog but that's a different thing!) but, if I were one, I'd at least refer back to the sources whence my post comes from. I follow Lucky's blog and I find his approach to be quite ethical: for instance if there's a story breaking on AA he'll undoubtedly quote the ever knowledgeable JonNYC. I feel for people like BAeuro or Prospero , whose Wikis are really useful (and the seatmaps are WAY better than anything BA or Amadeus can ever come up with). Quote your sources people!
Agreed- it’s just courtesy. I’ve seen a blog from an individual who is active in these parts and given the information was only available on FT at the time it had clearly been lifted and passed off as their own.. irks a bit.
BAeuro likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2020, 6:37 am

Programs: EC Blue, EB Silver, FB Gold
As long as we don’t start getting endless threads on individual air nozzles...
Old Jul 31, 2020, 6:40 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

The reputable UK bloggers will generally second source something before "blogging". That's why there is sometimes a delay.

If they blogged some of the nonsense that gets posted on here as "insider knowledge", they'd be out of business within a week
londonba2014 likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2020, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by richardwft
Here’s an example https://www.godsavethepoints.com/boe...livery-delays/ if you bother to read all of this, pat yourself on the back.
I always avoid clicking on anything on that blog after the nonsense blogs about the A350 a while back.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 6:38 am

Have been a long time lurker of the BAEC FT page; thought it about time I joined!

From reading a large number of travel blogger sites over lockdown I’m amazed at frankly how much information seems to be picked up from the BAEC forum.. one UK based ‘blogger’ in particular seems to quite literally copy forums - a few hours after a thread opens, a blog post appears!

Perhaps some top contributors should explore getting a cut
To provide some flavour - just as the 747 route replacement thread kicks off; so appears an article offering their thoughts on what aircraft will replace the 747 - including route by route breakdown.. 🤔
Old Aug 4, 2020, 8:05 am

Programs: BAEC
To provide some flavour - just as the 747 route replacement thread kicks off; so appears an article offering their thoughts on what aircraft will replace the 747 - including route by route breakdown.. 🤔
Yes I saw that... It sums everything up.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 9:10 am

Just cancel your subscription if you don't feel you are getting value for money.

Or maybe start your own blog with completely original content?
Old Sep 9, 2020, 2:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
Seems some who booked have had their confidence in BA questioned

Not sure if this is the right forum for this but this early in the morning seemed a logical place to put it (well for me anyway). For those non UK to access the link may require a VPN connection.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54059004

ML
Old Sep 9, 2020, 5:00 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Article today on BBC about refunds and vouchers. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54059004
Old Sep 9, 2020, 6:10 am

Programs: Executive Club
BA in the news today

BBC has a piece having a go at BA for not refunding passengers whose flights were cancelled here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54059004

BA says that the reason they didn't let people process refunds online is because their online system wasn't set up to handle the volume of people who needed to be refunded. This is the reason that everyone who wanted cash back had to call.

Seriously BA, do you honestly expect anyone to believe that? The system that was introduced to give everyone a voucher could cope, but the one to give you your money back couldn't.
Modo, T8191, subject2load and 3 others like this.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 5:10 am

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
BA cutting more flights

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54093222

ML
Old Sep 16, 2020, 1:15 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
https://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...b17b0b55a4c0bb

British Airways claims the airline won’t survive coronavirus pandemic
In another sign the aviation industry is crumbing amid the COVID-19 pandemic, British Airways says it won’t survive unless one big change is made.
Maybe a bit a dramatic title as AC then said

In an opinion piece written for The Telegraph, Mr Cruz said his airline “can survive” providing the government worked with it and not “against” it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.