Wiki Posts
Search

BA F-Pax arrival buggy at BOM?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2019, 5:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
BA F-Pax arrival buggy at BOM?

Seasons Greetings everyone! (am I still allowed to say that?)

Just a question - off to Mumbai (again) tomorrow. Last day of BA using the 744 swapped from J'berg route so nabbed 1A&K. Ticked off the 'Mistresses Nose' (VS) this year - but never the Queen's! Even though she's an old bird - I love her so much!

Every time I fly into Mumbai I notice that most of the other F pax seem to hop onto a buggie and get whisked to immigrations. The layout of the airport is really strange as the travelators are only about 30 metres long - then there is 300 metres of once gleaming carpet - then another pointless travelators. I challenge myself to beat the buggy and even the extra steps due to my blood type being LPGS, I usually win! Down side is - I'm sweating like a drug mule at immigration!

I always assumed the buggy was the overpriced Pranaam meet-and-greet service (£80-£140 - good luck to that!) or for less abled pax. There is no mention of this perk anywhere - yet I'm the only fool Usain Bolting it!

However, tomorrow I've got my 5 month old bambino and all her paraphernalia and suddenly the buggy seems like a god send!

Does anyone know if I can use it? I did find this... BA First Class Review - LHR to BOM, November 2016 but no other mention anywhere?

Thanks
Old Dec 30, 2019, 10:14 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
If you are revenue First, Prem or GGL you may well be offered the buggy at Mumbai. As you indicate, it doesn't save much time but if you have cost centres and spousal units with which to contend, I can certainly see the advantages. Unfortunately you can't ask for it, other than the usual assistance for those with mobility issues. Having said that, BOM and for that matter BLR are reasonably fast at immigration.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
The buggy's are free for everyone, regardless of cabin. They just wait till it's full and leave. You dont need to book the meet and greet service. I've seen elders and families with kids hop on.

Only benefit of meet and greet is that they will be there waiting for you. If you arrive at a busy time, you may end up waiting a bit if you want the free ride.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Thanks guys - love the knowledge this forum always provides!

The regular 777 usually means I'm the first off and if I sprint, the first in the immigration line. Not having not flown a Mid-J 744 into BOM before, I imagine with PE directly behind F, there could be quite a few people getting off in front of us! Usually no priority line for e-Visas either. The Buggy could be a good way to get a head start.

Hoping the plane gets over Mumbai on the stoke of midnight as it would be fun to see any NYE fireworks from the plane! If its early we could be ringing in the new year from immigration.

At least I could say it took us a year to get through immigration and it won't be an exaggeration!
Old Dec 30, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: BA Silver
One mistake I've learned not to repeat at BOM: if you're first off the flight and find the immigration hall staffed and reasonably quiet, do NOT go to first booth on your left. It's where ground agents bring all the special needs pax so you're liable to be gazumped repeatedly.

I've never used the buggy as I find the brisk walk welcome. I think you can more or less keep up with the buggy.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

hahah I've done that myself - then told to go and join the other desks... then after standing in that queue realised that I was on a e-Visa then had to join the back of the other line right at the end of arrivals. By which time a A380 had dumped 500 pax - doh!

Still can't complain, all things considered Chandrapati is pretty easy... the old airport was a total disaster!
Old Dec 30, 2019, 3:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
It's one of the few countries where it's own citizens don't get priority/separate lines for immigration(and until recently, Indians had to fill a form on leaving the country while foreigners didn't - never made sense to me and I'm glad its done with along with the hand luggage stamps). Business/First pax on e-visas have to use e-visa line(I've seen quite a few DYKWIA episodes due to this). I've always managed to get out before the luggage arrives.

I don't remember Bombay ever having any dazzling fireworks for new years. We would burst our own for Diwali. There will be few scattered around the city, but nothing spectacular.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

That leaving form was such a hassle - it would clog up passport control and no one ever brought a pens!

Never been in Mumbai for NYE but did a few in Pune. Used to party on the roof lounge of my hotel and you could see them going off for miles. Really magical!

Flew out of LHR on Guy Fawkes Night - the view of the fireworks going off under us was spectacular!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.