Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kicking off on BA474 Today - LHR-BCN 28/12

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2019, 2:50 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by flygirl68
My feet can’t take heels anymore. We got away with not wearing hats over Christmas, by wearing Christmas hats!
When I had longer hair, I did a French Pleat stuck à Christmas Cracker in the middle (and got away with it (I usually did)). Unless I’m in heels, I don’t feel dressed. A fool who called himself a Doctor advised me that I should be better in flat heels.
i inquired if he wore them himself and was speaking from experience. He remarked sniffily that he was speaking as a professional. I told him that on board I walked more in a flight than he did in his surgery, and that I buy shoes that I can wear all day and not know that I’m wearing them. Sadly only Jimmy Choo and Louboutin fit that bill. Him Indoors has passed comment that I probably had a lot in common with Imelda Marcos. I replied that it was true that I was married to a despotic Dictator, and was a star in my own right. Cheeky Toad!
Old Dec 29, 2019, 3:57 am

Originally Posted by AJA_
I am so sorry that you are 'expected' to wear heels. That's really not on.

You are on your feet for most of the flight (short haul definitely, assuming you get more respite on long haul) first and foremost making sure we get to our destination safely, checking we have our seatbelts on, serving us passengers welcome drinks or meals or the BoB down the back, then clearing away afterwards and all the other unseen things you all do so well.

I think that forcing you to wear heels is daft, flat shoes can look just as elegant and are much kinder to you. I am sure 90% of us can't see your feet anyway as you pass by going down the aisle. I would support you getting rid of that rule.

Ahhh thank you very much for your kind thoughts! I’m not aware of any difference in the design of male feet to female feet, so I see it as very unfair. And being open shoes, slip on/off, makes it even worse after so many years for the feet.

Anyway, it’s a bit of a thread drift, but a personal bug bear of mine. Hopefully with the new uniform we might see a change. For me now, I’m always in the trousers with flat shoes.
corporate-wage-slave and AJA_ like this.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by flygirl68

Anyway, it’s a bit of a thread drift, but a personal bug bear of mine. Hopefully with the new uniform we might see a change. For me now, I’m always in the trousers with flat shoes.
Please don’t tell me you wear the toggle?
flygirl68 likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Please don’t tell me you wear the toggle?
Haha! Yes I do! I can’t stand that nylon around my neck, tried it twice, it felt like it was heated 🥵
Old Dec 29, 2019, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Oh dear!
flygirl68 likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 7:55 am

Turning the case around helps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.