Search

OLCI Message - Visa check

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2019, 2:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Hilton Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Red
OLCI Message - Visa check

Hi All

Quick question as it's a while since we travelled to the US. We completed OLCI today for our flight to JFK tomorrow and it came up with the below message which I don't recall seeing before. We both have valid ESTAs, plus passports with many years left on them. Is this anything to be concerned about?

Your passport and/or visa(s) must be checked at the airport

We are required by certain countries to check your travel documents before you fly. Please see a British Airways representative at the airport.

Passport and visa information

You can check the passport and visa requirements for your journey using the [IATA Travel Centre].
Old Dec 19, 2019, 2:16 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
No, it's a standard message. If you have your boarding passes all the agent needs to do is to swipe your passport through at some point, including the gate before boarding.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 1:49 am

Programs: Confirmed
This happens every time I fly. Just get the boarding pass scanned and passport checked before going to security.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 3:26 am

Programs: BA Bronze (ex-Silver)
If you're visiting the lounge beforehand then they can do the passport check there as well which will save you a few seconds at the gate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.