Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Business Class - 747 upper deck or new 350?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Business Class - 747 upper deck or new 350?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2019, 5:14 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Having not flown the A350 (I was supposed to be on that party plane where hardly any of us got EC261...), I'm not sure how valued my opinion is. However, when travelling as a couple and I've had the choice of AA's 77W I would go 744 UD on day flights and 77W when I want to sleep. This is simply because I find the CW seat a bit too narrow for proper sleep. However, I love the UD on a day flight. It's lovely and quiet, you can interact with your partner and with a great crew it can feel like you're in F up there.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 5:50 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by smiles in the aisles
I believe the reason to split the Club cabin across two decks was due to wheelchair access. If the entire First cabin was located upstairs, then customers who cannot climb stairs would be excluded.
I'm old enough to remember when it was economy upstairs. Then the airline worked out how to make money.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 5:54 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I'm old enough to remember when it was economy upstairs. Then the airline worked out how to make money.
Didn't AF still have Y on their 744 UD until fairly recently?
orbitmic likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 5:57 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
Originally Posted by gustavmahler
They did around 2008 when I flew with them to the Dominican Republic
gustavmahler likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 6:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
VS has it split between Y and Y+ (of course they're retiring theirs soon).
Old Dec 18, 2019, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by gustavmahler
Indeed, they did till the end. It was a wonderful cabin normally reserved for ST Elite+ and Elite passengers.
gustavmahler likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2019, 10:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I remember this too. Was upstairs a few times AUH-LHR in the eighties. It was pretty cramped I recall. Did the 744 ever have Y upstairs?

Anyway, another vote for the 744 UD. It still can’t be beaten IMO. I’m in 64K on the way back from CPT in January and thoroughly looking forward to it. If the plane is refurbed then that’s a bigger bonus!
Old Dec 18, 2019, 2:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Having done both in the last 3 weeks with back to back trips to JFK and YYZ i found the sleep comfort in 64K marginally better due to unrestricted foot space while the club suite is great the foot cubby is a little tight
snaxmuppet likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.