Booked a weekend trip to Rome from LGW

I made the booking through BA site

The outbound flight is BA8049
But it's on a Vueling plane.

Return is also a BA number, but is BA metal,

So as a silver member...

What happens at Gatwick?

As I booked through BA...

Do I still get..... Priority check-in to drop off my bag, Priority security and boarding.... And lounge access...

Or on the outbound leg, does the BA status mean nothing and I have to rough it with the great unwashed?

Has anyone been in a similar position to me and know if I smile nicely I might get normal service....
Old Dec 12, 2019, 7:46 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
If you are Silver I'm afraid it means very little, you may be able to get seat selection but that's about it. No lounge, no Premium Gatwick and in any case I think Vueling only has one standard of check-in queue. You check in with VY, not BA. VY have their own boarding process, usually simply based on row number. I wouldn't waste your time or smiles on the BA lounge, but maybe you can explore the several paid-for lounge options instead, or perhaps construct your own fantasy lounge in one of the various commercial premises available for the purpose.

If you just made this booking by telephone then you can call up and get it perhaps changed to BA metal. If you did it online and did not clearly state the operating airline then you may also have some chance to change things. But normally a fully online booking isn't changeable, not even in the first 24 hours.
Fatdickie likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC. Gold
Thanks as always CWS for such a precise and informative answer...
It's only a short 2 hour flight....
So Won't bother with a paid lounge... I'll just hit Witherspoons, give some of my mates the table number, and see what they order for me to my table (via the online app) for breakfast. 😱

Cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.