Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Boarding pass not available in the App

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2019, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Mileage Plus, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Pizza Express Gold
Boarding pass not available in the App

I was unable to download the boarding pass in the (android) app for my outbound flight (to VIE) on Friday, so had to get it printed at the desk. I thought it was probably some problem with the booking,so didn't bother too much. Today though I've had the same problem with the return, which was on a separate booking. I've been able to check in, but the app takes me to the Web version of check-in, which refers me to the app for mobile download.

I've cleared data and re-logged in to the app, and made sure everything looks OK in manage my booking, including the advance passenger data.

Any ideas? Do I need to just phone BA to sort it out?

Thanks
Old Dec 1, 2019, 9:28 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
There have been a couple of updates on the Android app, including a short-lived version which didn't work very well for me. The working one is from Friday I think. Did you update it recently?
Old Dec 1, 2019, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, UA Mileage Plus, Hotels.com Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Pizza Express Gold
I last updated 20th of November, but there aren't any updates available, so probably not that.

More strangely, we got boarding passes at the airport and now online check-in has closed I've been able to download the boarding pass.

A couple of things I forgot to say: my wife has had the same happen on her phone with the same bookings. And last weekend our apps worked fine.

Last edited by omk298; Dec 1, 2019 at 10:06 am
Old Dec 2, 2019, 3:43 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
I'not sure why then, sorry... We'll have to do the usual *shrug* BA IT *roll eyes*
Old Dec 2, 2019, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alex67500
I'not sure why then, sorry... We'll have to do the usual *shrug* BA IT *roll eyes*
Sounds right! Thanks.
Old Dec 3, 2019, 7:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I have seen this happen when there was document check required before issuing the boarding pass. In my case it was a visa check.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.