FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BAEC luggage tags: practical utility or personal statement? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1996669-baec-luggage-tags-practical-utility-personal-statement.html)

BOH Nov 24, 2019 11:43 am

Originally Posted by ianwall (Post 31771697)
I know a number of individuals who, despite dropping in tier, continue to display their old tags. I don't think that's OK...

Why on earth does it matter to you (or anyone)?

BOH Nov 24, 2019 11:46 am

Originally Posted by BlueThroughCrimp (Post 31769174)
The amount of times I’ve seen the same Wenger carry on case Tesco did a deal on ~6 years ago confirms that!

Decent set for the money right enough

Guilty your honour! It was a very good deal though that Tesco did - but for a few years afterwards it seemed every third bag on the belt at a UK airport was a Tesco generated Wenger :D

BlueThroughCrimp Nov 24, 2019 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by BOH (Post 31772085)
Guilty your honour! It was a very good deal though that Tesco did - but for a few years afterwards it seemed every third bag on the belt at a UK airport was a Tesco generated Wenger :D

You're right!
Definitely not knocking them, I've got the full set, and so do my parents, and sister!

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...93e10f9d2e.jpg

To remain on topic, no shiny cards on the family cases!

Mike P Nov 24, 2019 1:32 pm

I use mine but as identification. Like an awful other lot of business travellers, I have a cabin sized black TUMI bag and it simply marks it out as mine. Not sure what the potential issue is here.

T8191 Nov 24, 2019 11:42 pm

Originally Posted by Mike P (Post 31772376)
I use mine but as identification. Like an awful other lot of business travellers, I have a cabin sized black TUMI bag and it simply marks it out as mine. Not sure what the potential issue is here.

But surely there will be many other business travellers with a TUMI and a BAEC tag? ;]

passy777 Nov 25, 2019 1:17 am

Originally Posted by T8191 (Post 31773757)
But surely there will be many other business travellers with a TUMI and a BAEC tag? ;]

indeed, all the more reason to have a luggage tag to enable the case and owner to be reunited more easily should someone pick up a bag in error.��

Mike P Nov 25, 2019 1:49 am

Originally Posted by T8191 (Post 31773757)

Yes, but hopefully only one tagged with my name and details :D

BlueThroughCrimp Nov 25, 2019 4:45 am

Originally Posted by passy777 (Post 31773894)
indeed, all the more reason to have a luggage tag to enable the case and owner to be reunited more easily should someone pick up a bag in error.��

One that stands out as "theirs" would be better than a generic airline tag.

tuonopepper Nov 25, 2019 4:51 am

Originally Posted by missdimeaner (Post 31771192)
I had no choice last time I replaced my case. The answer is to decorate it very tastefully in duct tape.
My black and white checkerboard tape is round the handles plus a couple of other areas.

Back to luggage tags - never bother on checked luggage - just put name, flight and contact no on a piece of paper - job done.
I will continue to swan around with my silver tags on my cabin bags, seeing as BA did not send me any bronze ones. I have on more than one occasion left my bag - which was returned in a timely manner due to the BAEC tags.

Recently got a white, retro style Delsey one after BA wrecked my Samsonite. Dirty marks a plenty after one trip (they'd wash off if I could be bothered), but it's certainly easy to spot on the belt!

Pascoe Nov 25, 2019 5:50 am

Originally Posted by Mordac (Post 31770841)
Wouldn't that just be because on average, status tends to positively correlate with age, which in turn correlated negatively with hotness?

Speak for yourself - I'm getting hotter

HIDDY Nov 25, 2019 6:23 am

I think you're just asking for them to be broken/lost if you use them on checked luggage. However if people like to use them then fair enough.

Not much use unless you fly BA anyway are they?

T8191 Nov 25, 2019 7:34 am

Originally Posted by Mordac (Post 31770841)
Wouldn't that just be because on average, status tends to positively correlate with age, which in turn correlated negatively with hotness?

Originally Posted by Pascoe (Post 31774264)
Speak for yourself - I'm getting hotter

I am sadly consigned to the “well aged wine” department. I suspect I may not be ‘hot’ any more, although i had my moments in the last Century. :D

GGL Flyer Nov 25, 2019 10:39 am

The only time a tag should be used (IMHO) is on checked luggage. People that put them on their cabin baggage strike me as people who think to have a shiny gold or silver tag makes them look more important :rolleyes:

T8191 Nov 25, 2019 10:50 am

Your opinion is not particularly ‘humble’, IMHO. ;)

Yea, for we tag our hand baggage too, for verily it facilitates Ground Staff in identifying us as proper denizens of Group 1. :D

subject2load Nov 25, 2019 11:22 am

Originally Posted by T8191 (Post 31775261)

Yea, for we tag our hand baggage too, for verily it facilitates Ground Staff in identifying us as proper denizens of Group 1. :D

But from only a quick glance does it really ?

if I were ground staff, I reckon I would be relying on BP’s, given that a tag might be any one of ..... out of date / acquired from fleabay / borrowed (literally or metaphorically)