Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA99 [LHR-YYZ, 20 Nov] B787 equipment change

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2019, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

Booked onto BA99 today as part of my normal run back to and from Toronto
787-8 was scheduled. No F cabin, so booked in 1A and 1C in J

Arrived at checkin in Dublin to find we had been moved to 7F and 6B. Plane has been changed to a 787-9, but with no F cabin available

I have managed to change seats so that at least we can sit together, but are now back in 10. These are over-wing seats in the cramped awful 4 row Club cabin.

I am so cheesed off with this....no warning and no chance to change seats. Gold benefits? Being able to select seats in advance, which we all do. Doesn't seem to be worth a can of beans.

BA is saying the F cabin will not be used.......I seriously hope that it isnt!!!

Roger
Old Nov 20, 2019, 10:43 am

Programs: VIPorter First, BA GGL, DL Plat, Golden Circle Elite
Just keep an eye on it and change to FLUB if it opens.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by TOTH2015
BA is saying the F cabin will not be used.......I seriously hope that it isnt!!!
Probably they will open the F cabin in the last minute and all seats will be assigned to elite members: Gold and GGL.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 10:59 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Probably they will open the F cabin in the last minute and all seats will be assigned to elite members: Gold and GGL.
Why would that be?
Old Nov 20, 2019, 1:23 pm

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k
That usually only happens if there is need for space. If you are early, I will be in the lounge although taking the earlier flight BA 92 so will depart lounge 40 mins before. Orange sweater and blue jeans, like overlooking runway with a drink. Or send a PM

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Old Nov 20, 2019, 2:09 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Why would that be?
Almost all flights I took ex-CAI with the 787-9 this is what BA did.
Old Nov 20, 2019, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
They only open F if CW is full and they still need to upgrade from WTP. They won't just use it as an extension of CW as it needs an extra member of CC to be assigned to the flight.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 2:54 pm
Original Poster

Well they didn’t open it and I spent a pretty hacked off 8 hours in row 10 next to the toilets and an incredibly noisy galley.
Such a shame because the forward cabin is peaceful.
Crampedin13A likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 3:10 pm
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
At least they didnt open the F Cabin, as you would have been even more annoyed if they had used the F cabin and hadnt put you there. There is a lot of randomness regarding who gets Flub than just Gold /GGL.
HighwayToHEL likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 5:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Originally Posted by TOTH2015
Well they didn’t open it and I spent a pretty hacked off 8 hours in row 10 next to the toilets and an incredibly noisy galley.
Such a shame because the forward cabin is peaceful.
I always have EF set up for aircraft change alerts on YYZ-LHR. Saved me getting shunted into a less desirable J seat a number of times. Sometimes multiple times on the same booking
aircrashsurvivor likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Sounds like a plan!
Thanks for the tip...back to UK tomorrow on BA98. Currently still in my booked seats!
aircrashsurvivor likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 12:16 pm

Programs: BA blue,, aeroplan 25K
Originally Posted by Crampedin13A
I always have EF set up for aircraft change alerts on YYZ-LHR. Saved me getting shunted into a less desirable J seat a number of times. Sometimes multiple times on the same booking
well, part of my morning routine along with checking VMs and emails is checking my seat allocation on the BA app. Daily !!!
for this route. It takes a few seconds only - much quicker than my emails and its saved countless headaches

complete and utter crap that it has to be that way but Its rare to have a trip booked several months out thats not had an aircraft change

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.