Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Downgrade due to equipment change on a 2-4-1 booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Downgrade due to equipment change on a 2-4-1 booking

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2019, 8:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by SD93
Does anyone have any advice on actually claiming this? I called BA and went through multiple departments to be told that I need to submit a claim online. I have received an email today from BA saying they have put 15,000 Avios in my account. Not quite the result I was hoping for....

Can I claim the 75% before flying or do I have to wait until we have actually flown?

Thanks in advance!
You cannot claim until after the flight
Old Nov 19, 2019, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by Prospero
Retron’s experience posted here is worth checking out. I’d personally hold off pursuing the EC261 argument until alternative remedies have been exhausted.
Yes, I was pleasantly surprised with how smoothly it went once I phoned up.

From the looks of it, JL don't fly direct to Narita from Heathrow on the 20th September next year, so the OP would have to move to Haneda if they still wanted to fly First - I'm sure BA would move the booking to their flight easily enough, and perhaps to the JL flight if asked.

Other than that, it'd be Club World and see what can be had by way of a refund.

(NB - as the booking was for First, You First who will deal with this.)
Old Nov 19, 2019, 1:10 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
Distance wise flying to NRT is the equivalent of flying to "London" Southend, I'd be taking this opportunity to switch to HND even before considering the difference in class of service.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.