Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Underwhelmed by CCR

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2019, 9:32 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
I must admit I wasn't impressed by the service on the 'terrace', we took a seat and after about 10 minutes we gave up waiting to be proactively served. I wandered over to the corner to place an order and had to angle as the one staff member tried to skulk off as I approached.
Old Nov 11, 2019, 11:05 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Well in my grand number of 2 visits, I've noticed the less attentive service on the Terrace. I've also noticed that drinking LPGS, Espresso Martinis, etc in front of the bar with regulars is the best way to enjoy it, but that can only be achieved as part of a do
Old Nov 14, 2019, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Well, I have to say I didn’t expect to generate so much feedback and, as usual on FT, there is always something to be learned from the comments. I think we just expected too much and were probably not as pro-active as we might have been (we waited too long in anticipation of being served). We don’t have any more F trips planned and so it will be a while before we can see how a different approach works. Sadly, our return flight is in CW from MIA, currently scheduled as a mid high J 747 so definitely not expecting great things from that (although courtesy of FT I know know to use the Flagship lounge in D gates). Thanks to everyone for the feedback
T8191 likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 10:57 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Definitas
Well, I have to say I didn’t expect to generate so much feedback and, as usual on FT, there is always something to be learned from the comments. I think we just expected too much and were probably not as pro-active as we might have been (we waited too long in anticipation of being served). We don’t have any more F trips planned and so it will be a while before we can see how a different approach works. Sadly, our return flight is in CW from MIA, currently scheduled as a mid high J 747 so definitely not expecting great things from that (although courtesy of FT I know know to use the Flagship lounge in D gates). Thanks to everyone for the feedback
I think that's right and I think that FT contributors should bear some responsibility in terms of setting the expectations too high. As for your return flight, there's Mid J and Super Hi J but no mid high J. If your Mid J aircraft has been refurbished with the latest Panasonic IFE it's really quite good. Here's a thread on that although it might lead to the same problems with expectations. Have a nice flight.

Mid-J 747 Cabin Refresh
Old Nov 14, 2019, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
and I think that FT contributors should bear some responsibility in terms of setting the expectations too high.
Zero experience (apart from a quick hosted lap-breakfast with CWS) but I do tend to agree.

FT does suffer from a bit of hyperbole/DYKWIA sometimes. As HIDDY would say, it’s just another airport waiting room.
HIDDY likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 1:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by T8191
Zero experience (apart from a quick hosted lap-breakfast with CWS)
A lap breakfast with the man himself? I am impressed. ^

Do you remember what you had or were you too starstruck to notice?
Old Nov 14, 2019, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by HIDDY
A lap breakfast with the man himself? I am impressed. ^

Do you remember what you had or were you too starstruck to notice?
A fairly full English ... no square sausage impersonators! But in tbe final analysis, apart from enjoying his company, it was “Egg bacon etc.” the same as anywhere else. No Haute Cuisine was involved at all.
HIDDY likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.