Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Flash Avios Sale... devaluation on the cards. ??????

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flash Avios Sale... devaluation on the cards. ??????

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2019, 3:38 am

Programs: BAEC GFL, GGL, CCR; Marriott PFL, Ambassador; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BA6501
I have, you can
^
Old Nov 10, 2019, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
Was that to free up CW/F inventory or to GUF into it? I was refused a GUF into CW on a flight which has WT+ and CE Avios availability. (I wanted the 50% WT+ Avios rate)
Free up CW at the 10% rate - you can't use a GUF on these discounted rates.
Old Nov 10, 2019, 2:37 pm

For a limited time only, you can use up to 50% fewer Avios to explore the world.

Offer ends 21 November 2020, for travel between 7 November 2019 and 30 April 2020.
No rush to take advantage of this offer then...
This comes up when you click "View details" in the "Offers and news" section of the executive club main page (once logged in).
Old Nov 11, 2019, 6:10 am

... and it's been fixed today. I can only assume the 21 November 2020 date had been there since the reward flight sale went live so it's either a complete coincidence this was fixed or this forum is the absolute quickest way to report mistakes on the website.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 3:00 pm

Programs: Executive Club, OnePass, SkyMiles, HH, Marriott Rewards
50% Off Avios

Hi, I'm taking advantage of the 50% off Avios for travel in Feb '20. LOS - LHR in W+ with a stop-over in London, then LHR-EWR in CW. Should I book everything in W+ and upgrade the LHR - EWR later using Avios? Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 15, 2019, 1:57 pm
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
Was that to free up CW/F inventory or to GUF into it? I was refused a GUF into CW on a flight which has WT+ and CE Avios availability. (I wanted the 50% WT+ Avios rate)
I had a similar experience. Only got the 10% off for CW, and I thought I could combine this with my GUF and pay the 50% WTP rate
Old Nov 18, 2019, 4:34 am

Question

Outbound, or all travel, completed by 30/4?

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
As being reported on a few of the blogs tomorrow BA launch an Avios sale with 50%fewer miles needed for Wt and WT+ and 10% reduction on on J & F seats.

UK departures and travel 7 Nov to 30 April.

is this a sweetener pre further industrial action or sign of a forthcoming devaluation or just BA being kind?
Old Nov 18, 2019, 5:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by Dakota
Outbound, or all travel, completed by 30/4?
You would probably need to check the t&c directly, I suspect it’s all travel though.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 5:33 am

Thanks, KeaneJohn.

I have, but the relevant clause is ambiguous: "travel between 7 November 2019 and 30 April 2020".

You're probably right that it's all travel completed by 30/4, but I wonder if this can be confirmed in practice by others.

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
You would probably need to check the t&c directly, I suspect it’s all travel though.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 5:38 am

Programs: FB, GGL, IHG, Hilton
Originally Posted by BA6501
Free up CW at the 10% rate - you can't use a GUF on these discounted rates.
Thats odd. I just booked a return to NYC from LHR on WT+ and GUF to CW and got the half price WT+ rate (26k avios). Bit of bargain if you ignore the BA taxes and stuff. Even got a choice of flight times per day.
Old Nov 18, 2019, 9:37 am

Has anyone booked one of these flights and subsequently changed the dates to be outside the travel period? Did you have to pay 50% more avios to do so?

I've booked flights at half price and changed the dates in the past without needing to pay extra avois but they were still within whatever travel period applied to the sale, and this was a long time ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.