Search
Old Dec 12, 2019, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
British Airways
Boeing 747 seat maps

For zoomed in views of each cabin, jump to posts 2 to 5
Print Wikipost

Boeing 747-400. Which are the best seats?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2020, 5:24 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
Another question. 61A lacks the slip-around aisle access of 64A, correct?
​​​​​​I can never work this out from the seat maps. The main thread here shows the exit between 63 and 62, which is correct. BA's own MMB seat map suggests it's between 61 and 62, given the gap illustrated. Hence confusion.
There is definately no direct aisle access from row 61. The seat map on BA MMB is somewhat misrepresentation. The diagram in the wiki of this thread is correct tho, the exit is between rows 62 and 63, window seats 62A and 62K have direct aisle. 64A and 64K have direct aisle access as well.
george77300 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 10:47 am

Having lurked for a long time and searched for the answer to the below - I've had to admit defeat and register!

I have a booking on a Mid-J 747 and can see from the useful info above that 18/19 AK all have window blanks - but what I can't work out is if all the windows at these seats are blanks, or how much of a problem it is.

Does anyone have any pictures of these seats?

Thanks!
Old Mar 20, 2020, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Welcome to FT, Moleish!
Originally Posted by Moleish
I have a booking on a Mid-J 747 and can see from the useful info above that 18/19 AK all have window blanks - but what I can't work out is if all the windows at these seats are blanks, or how much of a problem it is.
Only one window is missing at a time, and each row in Club should normally enjoy two or three windows.

This photo probably shows the effect in the cabin interior as well as any: https://www.airliners.net/photo/Brit...-436/2018665/L

You can also be reassured by looking at photos of the exterior of the aircraft (and it doesn't have to be a BA aircraft). The relevant part of the fuselage is the overwing area. AIUI, the missing windows are because of ducts that carry something from the upper deck floor level (= main deck ceiling level) down to the wings, possibly control cables. This photo, for example: https://www.airliners.net/photo/Brit...-436/5912159/L

Last edited by Globaliser; Mar 21, 2020 at 12:47 am Reason: I'm sorry, I forgot my manners.
Old Mar 20, 2020, 5:18 pm

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
At this rate you’ll be lucky if any BA 747 ever flies again. Very sad.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 4:18 am

After some advice. I've booked paid-for seats on my next trip to NYC in March, I'm in WTP booked for an 86J

We've booked seats 34A+B - are these good seats? I'd like 33A+B/J+K but these are greyed out and probably will be until much nearer the date
Old Apr 22, 2020, 4:28 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by Keiran Newberry
After some advice. I've booked paid-for seats on my next trip to NYC in March, I'm in WTP booked for an 86J

We've booked seats 34A+B - are these good seats? I'd like 33A+B/J+K but these are greyed out and probably will be until much nearer the date
Best stay there as the front row is a bulkhead, and bassinet row so that's why its blocked and greyed out, you cant fully stretch out either, unless your small.

I've been in 35 J/K a few times and I'd definitely plump for there again as there's no one behind you. Nothing wrong with row 34 though and quite comfortable going to NY! There's a loo behind you at 35 but blocked off by a curtain and its really no issue.

Watch out for any aircraft changes though as March is a very long way off and in the current climate who knows if it will stick as a 747.
SHT88T likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.