Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avios & Barclays Current Account

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2019, 5:26 am

thanks...21st to contact it is then!!! Are you getting the triple rewards?
Old Dec 11, 2019, 6:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, MeliaRewards Gold, Radisson Gold
Been with Barclays Premier for years - but will likely move away from them soon. Don't rate them at all to be honest... For those wondering, irregular salary payments are fine as long as they total more than 75k

In my view there really is almost nothing "premier" about it to be honest... at least, nothing I've noticed.

This offer looks nice enough - but if it really does require a "full account transfer" (i.e. your existing current account is closed and everything is transferred over) then I really wouldn't bother unless you happen to be very unhappy with your current bank.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 6:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, MeliaRewards Gold, Radisson Gold
Originally Posted by BrianDromey
Is the income requirement different for joint Vs single accounts? Would it be £75,000 per account, 75,000 each or even £125,000 in total?
Good question - but for joint accounts I believe its only one of the account holders that has to have a salary of >£75k paid in. I stand to be corrected but that is my own personal experience, whereby my salary is >£75k but my partner and I share a joint Premier account and we don't have a combined salary of >£149k (sadly)

Although to be honest, I don't really know how they work out which salary payments are coming in for whom...
Old Dec 19, 2019, 1:59 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Amex Platinum
"Following a successful account switch you will receive an email by 20 December 2019 containing an electronic voucher code which you can use to redeem the applicable Avios"

Has anyone received this yet?
Old Dec 19, 2019, 5:41 am

Does anyone have a link to the redemption page for the voucher code?
Old Dec 19, 2019, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by Avallon
Does anyone have a link to the redemption page for the voucher code?
www.aviosvouchers.com
Avallon likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 2:33 pm

Thanks. Just used my voucher code - it was provided upon request by my relationship manager.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 5:15 am

No voucher for me. Will call on Monday.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 5:27 am

An email to premierrelationship_bankingteam at barclays dot com and all is sorted.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by hanrahantom
An email to premierrelationship_bankingteam at barclays dot com and all is sorted.
Thanks for the tip - I just did the same and the team handled it very well for me.

I hadn’t realised it then takes up to 5 days to credit the Avios once you redeem the voucher code. The waiting continues...
Old Dec 21, 2019, 11:59 am

My points have credited following an email to my personal relationship manager. I was asked whether I had received an offer email so I was initially worried I wouldn't qualify (I wasn't targeted) - but I was told that wasn't an issue. I've been very impressed with Barclays so far, the relationship manager even came out to my office to take care of the account switch.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by TTmex
I'm tempted, but being tax domiciled in Mexico, I'm not sure my gold status will be enough to convince them I'm worthy of a premier account.
why are you tax domiciled in Mexico? Do you live in UK?
Old Dec 21, 2019, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by Avallon
My points have credited following an email to my personal relationship manager. I was asked whether I had received an offer email so I was initially worried I wouldn't qualify (I wasn't targeted) - but I was told that wasn't an issue. I've been very impressed with Barclays so far, the relationship manager even came out to my office to take care of the account switch.
How long did it take between you redeeming the Avios voucher and the points showing on your BAEC account?
Old Dec 21, 2019, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by i.am.lost
How long did it take between you redeeming the Avios voucher and the points showing on your BAEC account?
It took about 36 hours.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 5:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by flyer200
why are you tax domiciled in Mexico? Do you live in UK?
I'm based between the two, but for fiscal reasons Mexico makes more sense.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.