Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is it getting worse with BA?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2019, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Is it getting worse with BA?

I (EC Gold memberg) had a flight yesterday coming from Vancouver in CW. The lounge is a joke , no hot food was offered. The aircraft was a 747-400 22 years old, IFE very old and it doesn`t work most of the time anyway the movie selection was very limited. Seats in Upper Deck, two older flight attendants , not motivated at all. They were so badly organized , it tooks a long time to get the dinner served. No refill of dinks just overall a very bad experience. After all the strikes , where I was also effected on my outbound flight, BA should be doing much more for the customer experience. I am really thinking to switch to another airline.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 9:50 am

Programs: BA Silver, Virgin Gold
Standard BA right there. Especially the staff being unhelpful
roberino likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Honest question London21, do you just sit around waiting for opportunities to criticise BA, if I’m honest you act as if you have a grudge and enjoy being negative, I’m sure I’m like many and normally just ignore your posts?
DYKWIA, HIDDY, cjb666 and 16 others like this.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 10:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

According to the passenger figures BA has become more popular with the travelling public. Doesn't mean a thing of course when it comes to quality but suggests they're offering what the majority of the public wants.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
hmmm ... one of our best recent l/h flights was 3 weeks ago on tbe Upper Deck of one of those maligned B744s, with superb CC.

Old Oct 7, 2019, 10:17 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
Although my flying has been short haul recently (aside from a fabulous birthday surprise on BA1), my experience is that crews are better overall than in the recent past, especially on the longer short haul routes - no specific data or observations, just a "content and looked after feeling" after recent segments.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 10:19 am

Programs: BAEC GfL
Just came back form JFK (albeit with pretty good IFE) on the upper deck and the service from the 2 gentlemen cabin crew was superb, as was the crew on the outbound flight to Newark.
HIDDY and flygirl68 like this.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 10:41 am

Programs: All the usual suspects
I'm not sure what the OP is looking to achieve with a post like this......I agree those old birds that haven't been refurbished and leave a lot to be desired, but that's hardly news on here.

My own recent travels

JKK-LHR - BA 114 28th Sept. Airframe a bit of a dog, but slept all the way didn't interact with crew at all
AMS-LHR - BA 439 Oct 3rd. Incredibly polite and efficient crew, motoring through the gears to get the service out on a very short flight.
LHR-SJC BA 279 Oct 5th. Truly excellent crew n every way, one of the best I've experienced in recent years
flygirl68, mradey and MFCC like this.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 10:43 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
I think there has to be a parallel universe out there with another BA flying around in it as I really don't recognize the BA that a lot of posters seem to encounter. That's not to say that BA doesn't have its faults and that everything in the garden is rosy. However, in the main, I don't see the problems that others seem to encounter with chilling regularity. I sometimes wonder if for some passengers it has become a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy? I am also becoming increasingly frustrated with the negativity expressed by some posters on here. It often seems like it's a race to post the first comment criticising BA. I am all in favour of objective, constructive criticism but I do think a lot of it is simply unwarranted BA bashing.
HIDDY, beamac, Tobias-UK and 2 others like this.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 10:46 am
PxC

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Gold, Caesars Diamond
[QUOTE=Soupdragon62;31602124]I'm not sure what the OP is looking to achieve with a post like this......I agree those old birds that haven't been refurbished and leave a lot to be desired, but that's hardly news on here./QUOTE]

The plane or the cabin crew?
Old Oct 7, 2019, 11:02 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I had the loveliest crew members on my last BA long haul flight from NRT. Good sense of humour too!
HIDDY likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 11:15 am

I also have to say that my recent experiences with BA CC have been on the positive side. I actually think, based on my experience with BA over the last 12 months, that the service has improved. I have been well looked after on most of my flights and even given out a couple Golden Tickets.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Unfortunately if you want to fly direct its either the very old BA plane or the tight 787 AC with ridiculous prices... Canada has a very monopolistic airline market.
I never really had any big issues with the crew on either airline.
Crampedin13A and ahmetdouas like this.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 11:32 am

I agree - my BA flights last few months (long and short haul, including YYZ) have had lovely crew. They’re working hard and I feel well looked after.

Last YYZ-LHR flight, I slept from takeoff to 30 minutes out and crew member noticed I was awake and managed to get me tea and pastry before the 20 minutes to landing call. I didn’t have to ask, she went out of her way to look after me.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 11:39 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by chan36
The aircraft was a 747-400 22 years old
Why did you book the flights if travelling on an old 747 wasn't to your requirements?

IFE very old and it doesn`t work most of the time anyway the movie selection was very limited.
Did you speak to the crew about the IFE not working and what was their service recovery?

No refill of dinks
Did you press the call bell and ask for a refill?
HIDDY, bafan, argonath and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.