Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

First time in Concorde Lounge and First daytime flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First time in Concorde Lounge and First daytime flight

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2019, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by moral_low_ground
Despite all my flying on BA I actually had never been in the Concorde Lounge (T5) until today (and I flew Concorde plenty of times to visit the old F lounge in T4 and the Concorde Lounge in JFK).
Originally Posted by fripperies
Looks like our regular readers are asleep: you should by now have had someone pounce to tell you it's the Concorde Room (not Lounge).
I'm now awake... ;-)
Old Oct 10, 2019, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by spaige
we had 30 minutes of turbulence which was more of a roller coaster ride then bumps. The FA later told me, she had never felt it that way before. I am someone who does not love flying, I have to fly a lot for work and love to travel, so I fly but never without a bit of nervousness.
Yep, those who seem to think the A380 isn't prone to Turbulence have no idea what they are talking about, although having said that, if it felt that bad on that beast, imagine hitting that while crossing the Atlantic on the Babybus (A318 LCY-JFK service).
Old Oct 11, 2019, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by clubman
Yep, those who seem to think the A380 isn't prone to Turbulence have no idea what they are talking about, although having said that, if it felt that bad on that beast, imagine hitting that while crossing the Atlantic on the Babybus (A318 LCY-JFK service).
I am going to choose not to imagine that .

I am sure all you seasoned travelers would have laughed at me: Sitting up in my turned down seat, PJ's on and eye mask on my forehead, holding onto the outer shell waiting for it to stop. Of course everyone else was going about their business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.