Search

BA Price Promise, Finnair vs BA

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2019, 2:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
BA Price Promise, Finnair vs BA

Hi,

Can i use the BA price promise to match Finnair (LHR - HEL - Oulu) pricing with BA. Theres roughty £300 differnece in the pricing (BA > Finnair). Look like the flights are on Finnair planes so T3, not BA and T5.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Not a chance (and metal is irrelevant would be the same if the AY was all codeshare on ba metal).
Old Oct 7, 2019, 3:00 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
This may be a very rare chance for me to go into more detail than orbitmic! Though his answer is indeed the bottom line.

Price Promise is essentially about comparing some BA operated, BA marketed, BA metal sets of flights, sold by BA 0 but also sold by third parties, typically Online Travel Agents. It's not about BA having the lowest bucket in all the different codeshare permutations. So if BA flew to Oulu on their metal, and TravelWhatsit.com had a stunning undercut on what looked an identical itinerary, then you are able to invoke Price Promise. But if Finnair package flights under different codeshares to BA, that is out of scope.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 3:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Crikey three threads on this one before it's booked - book it on Finnair if the price is suitable

Finnair Booking LHR - HEL - OULU, how to calculate TP
alex67500 and orbitmic like this.

Last edited by mikeyfly; Oct 7, 2019 at 3:32 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.