Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Finnair Booking LHR - HEL - OULU, how to calculate TP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2019, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

Hi all,

Planning a trip to OULU from LHR. Out 17th Oct @ 1610, back 1430:

looking on BA I can calculate the TP:
Outbound BA6080 then BA6042, Economy H.
return BA6047 then BA6029, Economy Y.

Booking via Finnair is around £500, the same on BA closer to £900.

If I book with Finnair and add my BA card number, how many TP would I get for the same journey?

Reason for asking: I should reach the 3500 threshold this year (cut off 8th Nov). I have 3275 points, Lgw-Bod booked (80) and planning Dublin (another 80) in October. So needing another 65 points.

Last edited by NeilP; Oct 6, 2019 at 11:26 am Reason: Spelling
Old Oct 6, 2019, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

If you go to the avios earning calcuator on BA.com , select Finnair as the airline and entering each leg separately will give the tier points and avios ( noting that the Finnair fare class booked may differ from the BA codeshare fare class)

For example for LHR HEL class H will earn 40-tps each way
Economy classes KMPLTV will give 20 tp e/w
Ecoomy AGNOQRSW will give 10 tp each way

Regards

TBS
orbitmic likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks, I have the points calculator but what I can’t find out is:

if I book on Finnair, how do I know the booking class / TP per flight?
Old Oct 6, 2019, 12:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, VS Red, HH Gold
The calculator will show you this, when using the drop down box for which airline, select finnair (if booking as a BA codeshare then select BA) and it will show you. The airline you choose is the flight number, not the operating airline.

(For example, Air Lingus from BHX-DUB earns 0TP when booked via Air Lingus, but earns 10TP (lowest cost) when booked via BA with a BA flight number on the same flight)
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2019, 12:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
the calculator will show you the various points per booking class.

You would then need to "explore" the information AY provides when booking to see what class you are booking into. It may be more appropriate to ask on the AY forum if you need help finding that
Old Oct 6, 2019, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by NeilP
if I book on Finnair, how do I know the booking class / TP per flight?
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
You would then need to "explore" the information AY provides when booking to see what class you are booking into. It may be more appropriate to ask on the AY forum if you need help finding that
One alternative would be to try to get a price using ITA. If you can find a price that matches what you're booking via the airline website, then the booking classes that ITA uses to price the itinerary are likely to be the ones being used by the airline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.