Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

looking for ticket TXL-LHR-TXL and only selling class K -> Price: 276 GBP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2019, 1:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond

hey folks,

im looking for a TXL-LHR-TXL ticket for a nice birthday weekend in London. The prices for the return leg are way to high. 276 GBP for the short hop. Selling class is K. There is no O class available. as far as i can see no O avaiable in the whole first week of march. There are flights from LCY - i've seen that. but why is there no discount economy available from Heathrow? do you guys have any idea?

Thanks in advance
Nephoi
Old Oct 2, 2019, 1:41 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
4-8th March is the ITB in Berlin, the worlds largest travel trade show. Does your travel date coincide with this by any chance?
golfmad likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 1:47 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Nephoi
hey folks,

im looking for a TXL-LHR-TXL ticket for a nice birthday weekend in London. The prices for the return leg are way to high. 276 GBP for the short hop. Selling class is K. There is no O class available. as far as i can see no O avaiable in the whole first week of march. There are flights from LCY - i've seen that. but why is there no discount economy available from Heathrow? do you guys have any idea?

Thanks in advance
Nephoi
As above, it's probably related to supply and demand. What date are you looking for?
Old Oct 2, 2019, 1:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Maybe all the low buckets for LHR are gone because of international connections which LCY doesn't have many? Not sure - just speculation.
Nephoi likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by golfmad
As above, it's probably related to supply and demand. What date are you looking for?
friday 02/28 TXL-LHR
Sunday 03/01 LHR-TXL
Old Oct 2, 2019, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SF1K
Maybe all the low buckets for LHR are gone because of international connections which LCY doesn't have many? Not sure - just speculation.
the 6:40 pm flight - on a JAL flight number got this availability:

J - 9
C - 9
D - 9
I - 4
X - 9
Y - 9
B - 9
H - 9
K - 9
M - 9
L - 9
V - 9
S - 9
N - 9
Q - 2
O - 9
G - 9
Old Oct 2, 2019, 2:02 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
friday 02/28 TXL-LHR
Sunday 03/01 LHR-TXL
You can get it down to 98€ if you make it BA983 to LHR at 13:55, returning from STN at 13:30 to TXL on BA2299. That's fare bucket O in both directions. easyJet has some LGW fares a bit cheaper though the timings are perhaps not as good.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 2:02 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
For that date I would suggest you snap up the LCY-TXL flight for the return before the discounted economy tickets disappear too! This one looks good:

BA 84930 LCY
J9 C9 D9 R9 I9 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9N9 O9 Q9 S9 G9
Nephoi likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 2:03 pm

https://www.google.com/flights#flt=T...s:0*0;sd:1;t:f
Nephoi likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
You can get it down to 98€ if you make it BA983 to LHR at 13:55, returning from STN at 13:30 to TXL on BA2299.
thats way to early on the return leg. my sister and her boyfriend are leaving LHR @ 16:20 . the plan was to join them on the way to LHR and take the 16:10 or 17:XX flight and wait in the lounge....
Old Oct 2, 2019, 2:12 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
thats way to early on the return leg. my sister and her boyfriend are leaving LHR @ 16:20 . the plan was to join them on the way to LHR and take the 16:10 or 17:XX flight and wait in the lounge....
OK, well that's a rather less flexible schedule than suggested by your first post, but luckily there is RFS availability in ET and CE on the 18:40 service out of LHR (as well as the evening LCY services). So I'd book a single for the outbound, book the Avios back and perhaps cancel the RFS if fares for some reason fall in price.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

OK, well that's a rather less flexible schedule than suggested by your first post, but luckily there is RFS availability in ET and CE on the 18:40 service out of LHR (as well as the evening LCY services). So I'd book a single for the outbound, book the Avios back and perhaps cancel the RFS if fares for some reason fall in price.
sorry for being unclear in the first post. wasnt intended... i totally was willing to wait in LHR for a couple of hrs and AFAIK there are ... like 10 flights a day from LHR-TXL

i think you can here my head slamming on the desk ... totally forgot about that...
Old Oct 2, 2019, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

you, CWS, are the man of the day. you saved me 150 GBP. you cant imagine how thankful i am.

thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.