Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Booking via expedia

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2019, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by osirisSFN
It's because some TAs, like Expedia specifically, offer pretty nice cashback deals on package holidays.
And that 20 quid cashback will seem completely pointless when you are stuck without a holiday because Expedia won't rebook you...

As many others have said, it's all fine until it isn't... at which point you wish you had booked direct.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by craigthemif
And that 20 quid cashback will seem completely pointless when you are stuck without a holiday because Expedia won't rebook you...

As many others have said, it's all fine until it isn't... at which point you wish you had booked direct.
but as I’ve said before, I booked an Expedia holiday, and when things went wrong (both a month before and then a missed connection) BA did all the changing for us, no questions asked. Expedia refunded one missed hotel night. There is something called ATOL protection if you book Expedia in the UK. But BA seem to be find to handle problems with flights directly, even if booked on Expedia.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif

Most people with a clue wouldn't book via Expedia for a poxy £20 cashback.

It's a risk/reward calculation when the cashback amount is particularly good and, given things rarely do actually go wrong, a lot of people are happy with the small risk.
SteveF likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2019, 8:59 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by osirisSFN
Most people with a clue wouldn't book via Expedia for a poxy £20 cashback.

It's a risk/reward calculation when the cashback amount is particularly good and, given things rarely do actually go wrong, a lot of people are happy with the small risk.
Especially if the hotel and flights combo gives you £100s savings via Expedia, vs booking flights direct or even vs a BA holidays booking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.