Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cancelled JFK to LHR flight

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2019, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Cancelled JFK to LHR flight

Had a notice last week that that my JFK 11pm departure had bern cancelled on 23/9

Had booked early a nice window seat in F

Alternatives available were very limited ; in the end had to plump for a middle seat at the back; not my vision of solo travel in F, app showed few alternatives and this was confirmed when phoning an agent

The cabin looks rammed but apparently 1A and K are still available but the agent wasn’t able to override the block on reserving these

Was tempted to take the flight from Newark on the 787 but thought I would miss out on the Concorde room! 2A was still available

What do you reckon my odds on getting a better seat at time -72 or 24

Should I have gone to Newark is the pre dining much different to CCR?
Old Sep 14, 2019, 2:10 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by allturnleft
Had a notice last week that that my JFK 11pm departure had bern cancelled on 23/9

Had booked early a nice window seat in F

Alternatives available were very limited ; in the end had to plump for a middle seat at the back; not my vision of solo travel in F, app showed few alternatives and this was confirmed when phoning an agent

The cabin looks rammed but apparently 1A and K are still available but the agent wasn’t able to override the block on reserving these

Was tempted to take the flight from Newark on the 787 but thought I would miss out on the Concorde room! 2A was still available

What do you reckon my odds on getting a better seat at time -72 or 24

Should I have gone to Newark is the pre dining much different to CCR?
JFK CCR over EWR in my (dated view)

If people already booked don’t have the status to reserve them you could get in there - no guarantees thougg
Tobias-UK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.