Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No Birthday Message from BA

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2019, 6:47 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
#lowselfesteemthreadoftheyear ?

Why on earth would anyone expect a birthday note from an airline, let alone make a fuss of it? - If you are GGL maybe you're worth it for them to bother, but less you're just another number. Sometimes a reality-check is needed
mikesyr18 likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Some people on here are so needy, don’t you have family and friends to wish you Happy Birthday?
Old Aug 30, 2019, 6:59 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver, IHG Plat
We flew to LAS a couple of weeks ago on my wife's birthday, cabin crew gave her a card and a bottle of champagne to celebrate. Totally unprompted, she really appreciated the gesture.
nancypants likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 7:24 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, EY Plat, etc
if you have an android phone then you get this background for the day but seemingly not if you have an iPhone (I have to travel with both!) and yes I know the screen capture is from an iPhone so maybe the functionality has been dropped since then.

Automated robo greetings are not my thing.

Last edited by Robespierre; Aug 30, 2019 at 9:25 am
Old Aug 30, 2019, 7:29 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR , HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Tiffywren
Me too! Also on an OTP-LHR flight, cabin and flight deck crew were great.

P.S. I think we were celebrating the same significant number... ;-)
You mean 50? Yep. Oh dear. Cat out of the bag. And I dropped you in it on the flight as well...
Old Aug 30, 2019, 8:12 am

What an odd request... Some people have clearly had a very easy run...
mikesyr18 likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 8:28 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Originally Posted by djtriggz
Hi i'm Silver with BA and was expecting a Happy Birthday email of some sort. That did not happen! I received one from Air France and one from Qatar and I have no status with either! Maybe British Airways are Jehovah's Witnesses and don't celebrate birthdays?
Personally I'm very happy not to be reminded it's my birthday, but I'm rapidly becoming a very old git. Keep it up BA.
origin, T8191 and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 9:55 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
Op should sign up for all the free stuff vendors offer for birthdays
Old Aug 30, 2019, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I and my family don't celebrate birthdays either, but I have no compunction whatsoever in wishing djtriggz a very happy birthday and many returns of the day.
How sad.

If the date of your birthday becomes known on here, you’ll have hundreds of wishes.

Open the door.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Some of us have reached an age where it’s difficult to afford the candles!

And, from this end of the telescope, we’d rather not be reminded how close we are to the edge of life’s cliff. Bu§§er Birthdays ... when’s the next trip starting? Oh, Monday ... excellent!
Old Aug 30, 2019, 12:34 pm

I had my birthday acknowledged recently in CE, although the CSM wasn't aware that it was a "significant" one. She was fantastic throughout, a golden ticket was deservedly awarded.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Not flying on my birthday, but the car is due for it’s annual service then. I wonder if the Dealership will give me a cake or something?

Tricky, as they will collect and return it, for which I should be grateful I guess. Oh, and they will give it its annual wash and valet.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 1:08 pm

Programs: BA Silver, SAS Diamond and LTG, Marriott Titanium and LT Plat, Radisson Premium
If you want to ensure you get a birthday greeting at check-in, you need to dress for the occasion. Wear your birthday suit.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 1:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by djtriggz
Hi i'm Silver with BA and was expecting a Happy Birthday email of some sort. That did not happen! I received one from Air France and one from Qatar and I have no status with either! Maybe British Airways are Jehovah's Witnesses and don't celebrate birthdays?
Why would you be even bothered? The only people who you should care about receiving something from on you're Birthday is friends and family.
T8191 likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Gate agent at LGW wished me a happy Birthday yesterday (it was my birthday).

It was mine yesterday also. Sadly I was not flying.

Happy shared belated birthday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.