Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Cancelled flight: Do I get Tier points and Avios if BA puts me on another airline?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cancelled flight: Do I get Tier points and Avios if BA puts me on another airline?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2019, 10:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Emirates Skywards Silver

My question is simple: if a BA flight is cancelled and BA puts me on a non-oneworld airline to enable me reach my destination, what happens to the avios and tier points that I would have earned if the BA flight had not been cancelled?

Similarly, if transferred to a non-oneworld flight, will the cancelled BA flight count towards my 4 qualifying BA flights to maintain Silver or Gold elite status?

thank you
Old Aug 24, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Short answer: yes
​​​Check the ORC thread :

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1768202-original-routing-credit-beginner-s-guide.html

I cant speak to the flight count question, but I had no problem claiming 80TP for an AMS-LHR-EDI that was flown in a rather more direct route on KLM
Old Aug 24, 2019, 10:46 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
In fact if you have an account with the other airline alliance you can usually 'double dip'
BertieBadger likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Emirates Skywards Silver
Originally Posted by BertieBadger
Short answer: yes
​​​Check the ORC thread :

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...r-s-guide.html

I cant speak to the flight count question, but I had no problem claiming 80TP for an AMS-LHR-EDI that was flown in a rather more direct route on KLM
That's very helpful. Thanks
BertieBadger likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.