Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T5 Lounge why so Warm?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2019, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by Bluekjp
The T5 underground tunnels are always a 'cool' place to be
It really is. I find it amazingly chilled down there, both in terms of temperature and in general.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 7:04 pm

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
We came through the First Wing the other day and didn't even pause in the FLounge as it was like a sauna.

Instead, knowing our flight would leave from a B gate, we hopped on the transit and had a perfectly nice time in the B lounge, which was cool and uncrowded.

If you don't want a meal or self-pout champagne, B lounge is perfectly fine IMO...
Old Aug 24, 2019, 9:20 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Maybe it's to prepare passengers for a flight on the 747 UD. I blew in from JFK yesterday and felt like my tropical holiday had been extended.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 1:49 am

Also a big design flaw is that it looks as the all the coolers for food and drink is not connected to a central cooling-system. In most modern shops etc. they have the cooling-unit outside, while in the lounge all the warm exhaust from the coolers are let into the room.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 4:56 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
that is probably why I will stay only long enough to take a shower, grab a coffee and paper.
I have tried the outdoor (well not really outdoor) seating, its better but still always to me feels a bit on the warm side.
(and this is coming from someone that is always in shorts and a Hawaiian shirt)
Old Aug 25, 2019, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by VSLover
Yeah that's the issue. I understand people who are always cold (mother) but you can later up as opposed to us who are hot and well, only so many layers we can strip down to in public!
Feel your pain brother! It's the same for me, if not worse, with the Club and F bedding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.