Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA F vs BA F - comparison...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2019, 9:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by TheFlyingCyclist
Arrivals lounge
BA win. It has a spa whereas the AA one doesn’t.
I definitely prefer the AA Arrivals Lounge. The shower rooms are far better appointed and more spacious and IMO, the food is better too. Plus for the alcoholics you can get champagne with your breakfast on the AA side.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 11:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by Lefly
I never tried AA F, but I don't think I would bother. AA J is quite enough for me... unless maybe (maybe!) on the Transcon, but just for the fact the F seat is a single one.
On the other side, I would upgrade to F on BA any reasonable time (GUF, enough avios, minimal difference over CW).
Originally Posted by TheFlyingCyclist

Agreed. I did J on an AA transcon on the same trip and was very envious of the F seats... they are lovely on the A321T. Sadly a totally full flight so no scope for an upgrade.
The step up from J to F on the A321T is much more pronounced than on the 77W. In fact, LHR-JFK-LAX/SFO J to F is one of my favorite uses of the SWUs I get from AA (especially now with Flagship Dining), where I would hardly consider upgrading just LHR-JFK, or even LHR-LAX.
TheFlyingCyclist likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.