Limited upgrade offer->Fare class

Old Aug 14, 19, 12:31 pm
hmv
Original Poster

Limited upgrade offer->Fare class

Hi,

I am currently considering an upgrade from Economy to Premium Economy on my upcoming LHR-HKG flight because see a limited offer on my booking page, but I am curious what the impact is on the fare class of my ticket.

If I purchase the upgrade, will my ticket be reissued with the new fare class (I assume E or T) and will I also earn miles (at AAdvantage) based on this new fare class?
Old Aug 14, 19, 12:40 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by hmv View Post
Hi,

I am currently considering an upgrade from Economy to Premium Economy on my upcoming LHR-HKG flight because see a limited offer on my booking page, but I am curious what the impact is on the fare class of my ticket.

If I purchase the upgrade, will my ticket be reissued with the new fare class (I assume E or T) and will I also earn miles (at AAdvantage) based on this new fare class?
Yes, ticket will be re-issued in T and you should earn miles for T.
Old Aug 14, 19, 1:19 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by megaloman View Post
Yes, ticket will be re-issued in T and you should earn miles for T.
From WT to WT+ any POUG should actually then rebook into and show P class, which is for WTP awards and upgrades from economy to WTP, to prevent the ticket being eligible for upgrading using Avios into CW but such a paid upgrade would of course earn for WTP.

However, that's assuming the initial fare was a revenue fare and not a redemption for which the latter would earn officially nothing. I can't see from the OP's post if it is a revenue fare or a redemption but maybe they will clarify? @hmv
megaloman, hmv and Tenplus401 like this.
Old Aug 14, 19, 1:25 pm
hmv
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PETER01 View Post
From WT to WT+ any POUG should actually then rebook into and show P class, which is for WTP awards and upgrades from economy to WTP, to prevent the ticket being eligible for upgrading using Avios into CW but such a paid upgrade would of course earn for WTP.

However, that's assuming the initial fare was a revenue fare and not a redemption for which the latter would earn officially nothing. I can't see from the OP's post if it is a revenue fare or a redemption but maybe they will clarify? @hmv
@PETER01, it is a revenue fare (O-class).
PETER01 likes this.
Old Aug 14, 19, 1:32 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by hmv View Post
@PETER01, it is a revenue fare (O-class).
Thanks for that hmv

In which case you will earn for WTP. It used to be fairly common to show in your account after the flight as 0 miles/0 points as it then thinks that you are in a non earning fare class as it is P but it's easily rectified by claiming it on ba.com

Saying that, it's not been commented on for quite some time and the same for folks and I include myself in that who upgrade using Avios from WTP into CW (it then goes into the business redemption bucket, U class) and I have a sneaking suspicion this old 'bug' has been fixed for the most part.

If you can it's always appreciated for any upgrade offers to be posted in this thread as a recent database, if that's at all possible for you to do.

Pro-active Online Upgrade (POUG) tracking and discussion | 2019 thread
hmv likes this.
Old Aug 15, 19, 12:16 am
hmv
Original Poster

Just did the upgrade and yes, indeed, it is reissued into P-class..

But I assume that AA will contact BA (if the EQM/EQD do not properly post) to verify that I have a paid upgrade for World Traveller Plus, right?