Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

One ticket for lounge access and one ticket for flying

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One ticket for lounge access and one ticket for flying

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2019, 11:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Personally I think it is too much hassle for the effort. But this seems to have movedfrom an 'I would like to try' to a 'i may not keep my elite status and want to keep lounge access'.

apologies if i misunderatood, but...
note that as a one off, however if done regularly may lead to alarm bells. One person I think in Germany that was doing something like this ended up in court.
nancypants likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 12:38 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Gold
Unless this is part of a wider AF itenerary, is it not cost effective to book a RFS LHR-CDG on BA instead of the (presumed) fully flex LHR-EDI and simply travel on the airline youd prefer?

(Of course I'm assuming that as OWE, you can spare the 4K avios).
Old Aug 1, 2019, 2:17 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
I will admit to once buying a throwaway RFS to join a friend who had a 6-hour transit in T3 and only a Silver card. I did cancel it at the lounge desk so they weren't waiting for me and as I live in West London it was a fairly cheap day out all things considered.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 3:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Wouldn't it be cheaper just to buy lounge access at T4?
Andriyko likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.