Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Does Guesting Extend to First Wing Check-in / Security?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does Guesting Extend to First Wing Check-in / Security?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2019, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Question Does Guesting Extend to First Wing Check-in / Security?

Dear All,

I have( subject to strikes) my 1st First late August. By happy coincidence one of my nieces and her husband are also flying the same day( on a different BA flight & down the back). I understand that we can guest them into the lounge( Mrs Clam + Myself as lowly Silvers, 1 guest each) but having never experienced the F Wing i'm unsure if we are allowed to bring them through there or if they would be required to use normal check-in & then meet us at the lounge entrance.

Obviously i'd rather avoid a DYKWIA situation / cause a scene so thought i'd ask you lovely people with a lot more experience of such things how things work. I'm yet to tell them of the impending treat so it won't matter too much but i'd rather not look a prat being told they weren't entitled to use the F facilities ( we will all meet up and arrive together btw).
Old Jul 31, 2019, 8:39 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
You are entitled to take one guest each into the CCR if you and your wife are both in First. If it is only you travelling in First then only one guest will be permitted. That applies to the First checkin and security too. The guesting is regardless of your Silver status. The only status which makes a difference is GGL, which gets you 2 guests if you are in First.
TWCLAM likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 8:40 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Are you all arriving at the same time?

Anyhow, as a First passenger you are entitled to one guest each into the Concorde Room so assuming Mrs TWCLAM is also in F that's 2 guests into there.

If you and Mrs TWCLAM are arriving first and some time well before your Niece +1, go through the TFW which entails a BP check then security which will then take you into the FLounge which you then walk out of and into the CCR.

If your friends are arriving well after you and you are already in the CCR you can either meet them at the 'Magic Door' or via the normal entrance on the first floor. You can't go back out via TFW.

Enjoy your first 1st!
TWCLAM likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Thank you for your responses and for clearing it up. I know where the 'white / million pound door' is from previous flights out of LHR so if they arrive late for any reason i'll know where to guide them to so I can meet them and bring them in. Quite looking forward to sharing such hallowed ground with them especially as the flight was their wedding present from us & am quietly excited to see their young happy faces as they aren't really flyers and when they do it's more likely to be with Sleazyjet.

Yes we are both flying F. Let me be clear that if only one of us was in F it would most def' be Mrs Clam and not me. I'm not the sharpest knife on the block at times but i'm not that stupid
Hilde, PETER01 and babats like this.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 3:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by TWCLAM
Thank you for your responses and for clearing it up. I know where the 'white / million pound door' is from previous flights out of LHR so if they arrive late for any reason i'll know where to guide them to so I can meet them and bring them in. Quite looking forward to sharing such hallowed ground with them especially as the flight was their wedding present from us & am quietly excited to see their young happy faces as they aren't really flyers and when they do it's more likely to be with Sleazyjet.

Yes we are both flying F. Let me be clear that if only one of us was in F it would most def' be Mrs Clam and not me. I'm not the sharpest knife on the block at times but i'm not that stupid
How nice. I would encourage them to arrive at the same time so you can experience TFW together and you can have a peek in GF before going to CCR. People knock it but Im quite fond of GF.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.