Search

Seat selection error

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2019, 9:39 pm
THR
Original Poster

Seat selection error

Hi all,

I booked a Club Europe flight and paid for seat selection during the purchase process. The full amount (ticket + seats) is reflected on my card, but the BA itinerary and manage booking only has the tickets (i.e. not the paid for seats).

The seats selected were 2D and 2F - but my booking shows no seats selected, and these are now blocked when I go through seat selection process.

I have emailed BA - but not sure if this is a common thing or something I can rectify?
Old Jul 27, 2019, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I suspect you are still assigned the seats. Just call ba and they’ll confirm or rebook the seats. Email is not the most effective way unless you are flying F or are a GGL member.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 5:59 am
THR
Original Poster

Over two calls spent 30 minutes each time on hold.

Got cut off on first call waiting on hold for rep. Second one understood the situation and was trying to rectify.

They were finally able to confirm I was in fact charged for the seat selection (after requesting the card number). But said the seats I had selected should have been blocked / were under airport control (despite them being freely available to select on each flight I was considering).

Was promised a call back, which has not eventuated.

So, confirmed I have paid for seats that haven’t been assigned, and allegedly can’t be assigned. They’ve offered 2A and 2C instead. Albeit, still waiting for the call and now they’re not accepting new calls.

/sigh
Old Jul 28, 2019, 6:07 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by THR

So, confirmed I have paid for seats that haven’t been assigned, and allegedly can’t be assigned. They’ve offered 2A and 2C instead. Albeit, still waiting for the call and now they’re not accepting new calls.
If things get more complex, just ask for a refund. There are good reasons for paying for seating on BA generally, but not in Club Europe due to way that Theoretical Seating (see Dashboard thread) and the curtain operates between CE and ET. It would be most unusual if you could not sit together and get the particular aisle/window combination that you prefer. All you may be getting is row 2 as opposed to row 4, and row 1 may well be available at OLCI anyway. It would certainly be easier to do at OLCI, and cheaper, than multiple phone calls for a short sector flight.

Alternatively do nothing: if OLCI doesn't give you the paid for seats, you can use the webform for a refund anyway.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 6:13 am
THR
Original Poster

Agreed. Was only prepared to pay for 2D/F. Otherwise will just get what we’re given. So if they can’t allocate, I shall request a refund.

Somehow, given they seem to be a bit bewildered by it all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.