Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

In a Hotel for the third night BA363 then BA733

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

In a Hotel for the third night BA363 then BA733

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2019, 4:46 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Were there no flights on another airline? 4 days for LYS-LON sounds a bit excessive...
Old Jul 28, 2019, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by LCY8737
Were there no flights on another airline? 4 days for LYS-LON sounds a bit excessive...
Except the OP was bussed to GVA where he waited for BA to sort things out. I have never managed more than 1 night on BA, but a couple of days in GVA would be rather pleasant.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
Originally Posted by rapidex
Except the OP was bussed to GVA where he waited for BA to sort things out. I have never managed more than 1 night on BA, but a couple of days in GVA would be rather pleasant.
Really? I think it's not that inspiring personally. Think I would be spending the time figuring out how I can get home.
LCY8737 likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

We spent a lot of time trying to work out how to get home but there were a lot of issues, trains messed up, no other flights available due to the weather issues on Thursday and until day 3 BA were promising to get us home soon.

Anyway I will post a summary tomorrow but just to let you know we arrived home in Norfolk a little while ago. Measuring from the time we should have landed in LHR last Wednesday to the time we landed today we were 3 days, 19 hours, 55 minutes Late. Is that a record??
nivsy and rapidex like this.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by nivsy
Really? I think it's not that inspiring personally. Think I would be spending the time figuring out how I can get home.
Each to their own. As a retiree I would be quite happy for BA to pay for my hotel and meals in GVA whilst they got their act together.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 1:44 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher

Originally Posted by wytco0
We spent a lot of time trying to work out how to get home but there were a lot of issues, trains messed up, no other flights available due to the weather issues on Thursday and until day 3 BA were promising to get us home soon.

Anyway I will post a summary tomorrow but just to let you know we arrived home in Norfolk a little while ago. Measuring from the time we should have landed in LHR last Wednesday to the time we landed today we were 3 days, 19 hours, 55 minutes Late. Is that a record??
Just saying...
Old Jul 28, 2019, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by msm2000uk

Just saying...
Actually I do enjoy cycling but we didn't consider that option, I expect mrs wytco0 would have vetoed it and luggage might have a been a problem !! ;-)
Old Jul 29, 2019, 1:52 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by wytco0
Doubtful... the volcano a few years back caused people to be delayed for over a week in some cases.
wytco0 likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 5:01 am
Original Poster

I think that our LYS-LHR aircraft which was much delayed from 24/7 and the cancelled on 25/7 has just flown back to the UK as BA9277, I think thats its first flight since our cancellation. I assume its been fixed as its due to be used for BA904 to Frankfurt today.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by msm2000uk

Just saying...
I’d be wary of map timings; google maps claims you can walk the 900 kms in six days!
Old Jul 29, 2019, 5:17 am

Deleted

Last edited by muscat; Jul 29, 2019 at 5:21 am Reason: Deleted
Old Jul 29, 2019, 6:02 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Sounds a nightmare. If it makes you slightly better I have a friend from Laredo in TX who was visiting during the Icelandic volcano and it took him 12 ( additional) days to get back home. Add to that them being in Ireland at the time and me having to find them a route via ferries and trains back to London before they could even attempt to try and get home.

Glad you have finally made it back and if nothing else you certainly have an adventure/ story to swap for a pint or two with friends

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.