FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   In a Hotel for the third night BA363 then BA733 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1980267-hotel-third-night-ba363-then-ba733.html)

wytco0 Jul 26, 2019 11:05 am

In a Hotel for the third night BA363 then BA733

We are now in hotel for a third night, our first flight from LYS-LHR BA363 on 24 July was cancelled after many hours onboard and in the terminal, with an engine fault, then we were bused to Geneva yesterday and put on BA733 (25/7) which has now also been cancelled with an engine problem.

So in attempting to get back to LHR we have boarded and then disembarked 5 times since 1300 on Wednesday when we arrived at LYS for our flight.

The BA staff at GVA had no idea what will happen now but did indicate that they were prioritising passengers with connecting flights tomorrow and that they were hoping to get a bigger aircraft, so we were sent to a hotel with no real info.

My booking does not show in Manage my booking so I am unable to see what BA has booked for us, it has not shown since we were moved from BA363 although BA has been in touch with us via text and email and they have issued boarding passes for BA733 so they must have us in the system but I have no way of finding out what is happening. I don't have a valid booking reference number as the original issued for the LHR-LYS-LHR flights shows as past flights and if I try and add it again is says all sectors flown and won't go any further.

Any idea how I can find out whats is happening? If the suggestion is to phone BA please let me have a number that will work for a lowly bronze member as we have made multiple calls none of which has been answered.

Also are we eligible for EU261 compensation and if so are we eligible for it twice as we have now been on 2 much delayed and then ultimately cancelled flights.

I know that there are also a lot of weather related issues throughout the network but neither of our delays and then cancellations are due to the weather. BA ground staff at both LYS and GVA have been terrible with 1 rare exception however the BA flight crews especially on BA733 have been exemplary.

scottishpoet Jul 26, 2019 11:10 am

If the initial delay was mechanical then yes you are entitled to EC261. Unfortunately you are only eligible once. One of the downsides about EC261 is the amount does not increase as the delay worsens so BA now has no incentive to prioritise you guys over someone who still has a delay of less than 3 hours

DYKWIA Jul 26, 2019 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by scottishpoet (Post 31345654)
If the initial delay was mechanical then yes you are entitled to EC261. Unfortunately you are only eligible once. One of the downsides about EC261 is the amount does not increase as the delay worsens so BA now has no incentive to prioritise you guys over someone who still has a delay of less than 3 hours

Is that correct? The OP was on 2 different flight numbers that were both cancelled due to mechanical issues. I'd have thought that both would be eligible for EC261 compo.

Modo Jul 26, 2019 2:36 pm

Oh dear - good luck. Popcorn away and will watch this one with Olives instead

wytco0 Jul 26, 2019 3:12 pm

Any info about BA9276 (G-EUXE) GVA-LHR 26 July 2019

Does anyone know what thsi flight was, it seems to be the aircraft that was scheduled as yesterdays (25/7) BA733 (GVA-LHR) and which was cancelled earlier today. Is this a positioning flight for repairs or did it end up flying back with passengers?

Airprox Jul 26, 2019 3:18 pm

I do not believe there were any passengers on it based on what I can see, but maybe someone can confirm for you.

gengar Jul 27, 2019 3:17 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA (Post 31346265)
Is that correct? The OP was on 2 different flight numbers that were both cancelled due to mechanical issues. I'd have thought that both would be eligible for EC261 compo.

Both are certainly eligible for EC261 - BPs were even issued for the second flight as per OP. Be aware BA may (will likely?) attempt to deny the second claim, but MCOL/CEDR (or even just the threat) will get OP the EC261 compensation.

MarkFlies Jul 27, 2019 9:42 am

This doesn’t sound great and I hope someone can help.

wytco0 Jul 27, 2019 3:44 pm

Well at last it looks as though we should get home tomorrow evening, almost exactly 4 exhausting days late, I will post a summary of what happened in the next couple of days if anyone is interested (and after we actually do get home)

TTmex Jul 27, 2019 3:59 pm

I can really sympathize so much having taken 48 hours to get from Poland to Cornwall. Call BA. But also get in touch with Twitter team via direct message. I've found them far more responsive than getting through on busy telephone lines.

I truly wish you can make it home soon.

ens100 Jul 28, 2019 1:48 am

Originally Posted by wytco0 (Post 31349488)
Well at last it looks as though we should get home tomorrow evening, almost exactly 4 exhausting days late, I will post a summary of what happened in the next couple of days if anyone is interested (and after we actually do get home)

Definitely interested in learning more of the drama BA put you through, Good luck getting home!

mrandery Jul 28, 2019 2:23 am

Shame BA just didn't put you on the train in Lyon - about 6 hrs to London with one change.

AAtticus Jul 28, 2019 3:03 am

Originally Posted by mrandery (Post 31350411)
Shame BA just didn't put you on the train in Lyon - about 6 hrs to London with one change.

Then they would probably be in a hotel in Paris seeing how much issues Eurostar had the last couple of days.

Tiger_lily Jul 28, 2019 3:04 am

Originally Posted by AAtticus (Post 31350461)
Then they would probably be in a hotel in Paris seeing how much issues Eurostar had the last couple of days.

Surely Paris is rammed with cycling fans and hotels scarce?

rlnnpt Jul 28, 2019 3:44 am

Can’t add much help but I can at least add my heartfelt sympathy! I was on BA361 Wednesday (earlier 10am flight) and had to be back Thursday for a wedding, I don’t know what I’d have done in your position!