Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Forced seat change at the gate

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2019, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by BAEC
To avoid having this discussion and frustration at the gate, try the following.

Once you’ve passed the BP check and security, delete your boarding pass from the app.

Then re download the BP on the app just before you plan on heading to gate. This will then show you if your seat has been changed. If it has then you could go to the lounge desk and enquire or go to gate and enquire before boarding starts.

I do this especially on flights were my cabin is showing full on EF and chances of an upgrade are high (as a GGL). This way I know before I get to the gate if I’ve been upgraded 😊. Has worked a treat over the years. also if you have been upgraded and your app BP is updated, you wouldn’t get the beep at the auto gates and then have to speak to gate agent for BP refresh.
I don’t think you need to faff around the boarding pass hassle. The BA app’s home screen will show your current flight and most updated seat number. I often see my seat changed before boarding - admittedly, usually, from CW to F, that’s how I show my “nonchalance” when I hear the magic beep at the gate!
Robespierre, TravelManBiz and BAEC like this.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 5:35 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, *A Silver, OW Emerald, HH Diamond, Karahi Express
Oh yes that too 😊
Old Jul 19, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Could this be an unfortunate side effect of TS in that a GA in a hurry sees someone with a vacant seat next to them as an easy move to free up a pair of seats?
Old Jul 19, 2019, 9:40 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by MADPhil
Could this be an unfortunate side effect of TS in that a GA in a hurry sees someone with a vacant seat next to them as an easy move to free up a pair of seats?
Correct. Bu it also helps said passenger get an upgrade to a higher cabin too, though that is usually done by the computer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.