Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

I got Irrops and need an advise before calling hotline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I got Irrops and need an advise before calling hotline

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2019, 7:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Nephoi
even if its on a BA-ticket?
It doesn't matter who issued the ticket, it is purely down to the operating carrier of the flight. A flight from US-UK operated by AA is not covered by EC261 , so no compensation would have been payable

It seems that BA did you a big favour by rerouting you to Berlin despite it not being the destination of your ticket; I cannot see why a voluntary change would have any success for getting credit to a different destination
Nephoi likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
It doesn't matter who issued the ticket, it is purely down to the operating carrier of the flight. A flight from US-UK operated by AA is not covered by EC261 , so no compensation would have been payable

It seems that BA did you a big favour by rerouting you to Berlin despite it not being the destination of your ticket; I cannot see why a voluntary change would have any success for getting credit to a different destination
now I feel kinda greedy. I don't like that feeling. I don't want to be greedy.

thanks for all this insight.

now im ashamed.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 8:00 am

now I feel kinda greedy. I don't like that feeling. I don't want to be greedy.

thanks for all this insight.

now im ashamed.
There is no need to feel like that.

This whole website is about collecting miles and points - many people get a small bonus from time to time.

Follow the instrustions in the guide. If BA say no, then BA say no. It is for them and their partners to decide if you're due the credit.

It would be nice if they said yes. Enjoy Silver!
Old Jul 11, 2019, 8:04 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Now just head home and deal with this later - it's not critical to do on the day of IRROPS...
Old Jul 11, 2019, 8:07 am
Original Poster

My next trip is transatlantic and in y. So no lounge.

On the otherhand pay per Lounge is effordable too...
Old Jul 11, 2019, 8:31 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Andriyko
I don't think BAEC will beg AY on your behalf. To be honest, I would not even bother asking. You may ask if BA will give you the ARN TPs rather than the TXL TPs but even that is a long stretch due to the voluntary nature of the change.
Aren't the TPs for ARN and TXL the same unless they booked into different fare buckets (but only potentially applicable if the OP was in ET rather than CE)?
Nephoi likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Yes. Both 40 TP in Business class. But the 80TP from the HEL detour are missing ;-)
Old Jul 11, 2019, 8:38 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
I think the argument that OP was involuntarily re-routed can be made: Without the initial delay, OP would have flown the itinerary as booked and had received TPs/Avios. That BA in the end was nice enough to route him to TXL is great, but ultimately - if AA hadn't messed up in the first place none of this would have been necessary.

I would request original routing credit...
Nephoi likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 8:42 am
Original Poster

I know a very nice lady at the german BA-Hotline. She is awesome. If you search in a Dictionary for „awesome“, there is a picture of her...

i call her and ask for her opinion and i do whatever she is Saying.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 10:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by LCY8737
I think the argument that OP was involuntarily re-routed can be made: Without the initial delay, OP would have flown the itinerary as booked and had received TPs/Avios. That BA in the end was nice enough to route him to TXL is great, but ultimately - if AA hadn't messed up in the first place none of this would have been necessary.

I would request original routing credit...
If he had flown the booked itinerary,, he would not have arrived in Berlin but in Stockholm. If he had flown to Stockholm but had to bypass Helsinki, there would be a reasonable argument

In this case, the OP had a completely separate ticket on a LCC from Stockholm to Berlin and despite it being separate, BA agreed to rebook the passenger to this airport

I cannot see how this is anything other than a purely voluntary change to a completely different destination to booked
Old Jul 11, 2019, 10:36 am
Original Poster

What about the missing 40TP for the rebooking JFK-MIA instead of JFK-CLT-MIA?

this was on the outbound leg. Any Chances for that getting credited?
Old Jul 11, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Aren't the TPs for ARN and TXL the same unless they booked into different fare buckets (but only potentially applicable if the OP was in ET rather than CE)?
You keep correcting my nonsense... Thank you!

But the 80TP from the HEL detour are missing ;-)

But that's the AY flight, and AY is very very unlikely to issue credit for a flight that you never took.
Nephoi likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Like others, my guess is that yours will be considered a voluntary rebooking to a new destination and as such not eligible to ORC for either changes.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 11:05 am
Original Poster

I totally agree For the inbound leg, But why outbound too?
Old Jul 11, 2019, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I totally agree For the inbound leg, But why outbound too?
because that one is not an on the day irrops rerouting if i understand your case correctly. There is no orc offered for routing changes due to timetables alteration, just for irrops.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.