Wiki Posts
Search

Reverse open jaw question w

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2019, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue
Reverse open jaw question w

I've done quite a few open jaw returns with avios over the years. I want to travel GLA-LON-GIB-LON-GLA using avios and Amex 241. The dates I'm looking at only offer a return to EDI. I know this can't be booked online. Can I book GLA outbound and return to EDI as a return redemption over the phone?
Old Jul 8, 2019, 8:14 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by gate4lounge
I've done quite a few open jaw returns with avios over the years. I want to travel GLA-LON-GIB-LON-GLA using avios and Amex 241. The dates I'm looking at only offer a return to EDI. I know this can't be booked online. Can I book GLA outbound and return to EDI as a return redemption over the phone?
No problem to book over the phone. This will be quite expensive in terms of Avios as each sector will be charged for, unlike with longhaul where the domestic connecting flights are "free" in terms of Avios anyway.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BrianDromey
No problem to book over the phone. This will be quite expensive in terms of Avios as each sector will be charged for, unlike with longhaul where the domestic connecting flights are "free" in terms of Avios anyway.
Thanks Brian. Yes I was aware that I'd be charged for 4 sectors. The amex 241 will ameliorate the total avios due.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 9:33 am

Since the OP can contemplate a return to EDI, would a start from EDI not be acceptable, assuming availability?
Old Jul 8, 2019, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RGS5526
Since the OP can contemplate a return to EDI, would a start from EDI not be acceptable, assuming availability?
Sadly, no available award flights from EDI on any date which would tie up with a return flight in J on my preferred dates.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.